Advertisement

Captain America #33 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Captain America #33 (spoilers)

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:08 am

It looks like it's official

Bucky is the new Captain America

If somebody told me a few years ago that Bucky would come back from the dead and be the new Cap, I'd say it's the stupidest thing I ever heard

Brubaker somehow has not only made it work, he's made it the best Cap run I've ever read.

Genius

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:11 am

Agreed. Best Marvel book there is right now. In my opinion Bucky was the only good choice to be the new Cap.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:24 am

I'll third all of that. I think every writer has one personal love that comes along and they just outright shine in it. It's obvious that Brubaker's is Cap. My favorite Marvel book at the moment, and the only character Marvel has screwed with and the book has actually maintained high quality.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 am

SPOILERS, dammit! :evil:

What exactly happened? Did Tony offer the job to Bucky? Did Buck just take the Shield? :?

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:11 pm

The House wrote:SPOILERS, dammit! :evil:

What exactly happened? Did Tony offer the job to Bucky? Did Buck just take the Shield? :?

Tony offers the job to Bucky and he accepts under two conditions. First, Tony makes sure all traces of Winter Soldier programming is gone. Second, Bucky answers to no one. Not even Tony. Steve didn't and Bucky won't either. Black Widow tells Tony she doesn't think it's a good idea. Tony replies, "well, he already has the shield."

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:28 pm

starlord wrote:My favorite Marvel book at the moment, and the only character Marvel has screwed with and the book has actually maintained high quality.

I totally agree.

The only characters Marvel seems to be doing justice is Captain America and The Punisher in the MAX series.

Those are two books that'll go down as classics from this era, IMO.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:43 am

MoneyMelon wrote:I totally agree.

The only characters Marvel seems to be doing justice is Captain America and The Punisher in the MAX series.

Totally agree. Bru hasn't really lit my fire on Daredevil but Cap and Punisher and hands down Marvel's best books. I doubt there's anything else they put out even worth reading compared to them.

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:25 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:The only characters Marvel seems to be doing justice is Captain America and The Punisher in the MAX series.

I'd put Iron Fist on that list as well.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Severed Djed wrote:I'd put Iron Fist on that list as well.
Melon doesn't like it because he's a poopy-head. :P

On the subject, I definitely think Captain America is the best thing in comics right now. Brubaker has completely turned the Captain America world upside down but in a way that's nothing short of brilliant.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:42 pm

john lewis wrote:Melon doesn't like it because he's a poopy-head. :P

I didn't think it was bad. I just didn't like it enough to keep reading :oops:

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:35 am

Severed Djed wrote:I'd put Iron Fist on that list as well.

Agreed. Iron Fist is all kinds of awesome.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:04 am

This book just makes what's going on over in the Spider Man line all that much worse...while a lot of fans have talked about liking Peter's marriage, I don't think any real fan would think about walking away from the book ("Spider Man Fan No More?") if it was told in a good story. Cap accentuates this. Steve Rogers is a like a founding Marvel Character. He's been dead a long while now. It took several months just to have someone reclaim the name of Captain America. And Rogers will likely remain dead for at least another year, maybe more, before a writer decides to bring him back.

And yet, fans are clamoring for more of the current story...because it's being well-told. Joe Q needs to pay attention to this. He's the EIC, not the Writer in Chief. He's paid to make sure the company runs well, not to to run the company well. There's a subtle difference. He's literally the captain of the company. He can't do every little job...like write...because he's got writers that specialize and are paid to do that.

I may add the last couple of Cap arcs to my want list for trades. I guess I'd have to create a want list first in order to do that.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:47 pm

starlord wrote:I'll third all of that. I think every writer has one personal love that comes along and they just outright shine in it. It's obvious that Brubaker's is Cap. My favorite Marvel book at the moment, and the only character Marvel has screwed with and the book has actually maintained high quality.
I actually plunked for the Cap Omnibus because I heard it was so good. And it lived up to the hype and more.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:37 am

Zenguru wrote:I actually plunked for the Cap Omnibus because I heard it was so good. And it lived up to the hype and more.

Really? Damn, there goes more money out the window for me.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand