Saturday, November 18, 2017 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Action Comics #987, Supergirl #13 (Preview)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Previews for two DC Comics titles due in shops today.

Source: Comics Continuum

The mystery behind Mr. Oz starts to unfold as the "Oz Effect" begins in this week's Action Comics
Emerald Empress' plot to take down Supergirl reaches it's climax as their final fight begins. Final in this century anyway.

Action Comics #987

"The Oz Effect" part one! The agents of the mysterious Mr. Oz begin to move as the Man of Steel works to stop the chaos they unleash in Metropolis and across the globe. But when Mr. Oz steps from the shadows his identity rocks the Last Son of Krypton to his core. The story that began in DC Universe: Rebirth #1 begins to end here!

Written by: Dan Jurgens
Art by: Viktor Bogdanovic, Jonathan Glapion
Colors by: Mike Spicer
Covers by: Viktor Bogdanovic, Nick Bradshaw & Jeromy Cox (Variant)
32 pages
Regular cover: $2.99 (US)
Lenticular cover: $3.99 (US)

action987_cov.jpg

action987_var.jpg

action987_1.jpg

action987_2.jpg

action987_3.jpg

action987_4.jpg

action987_5.jpg

action987_6.jpg

Supergirl #13

"Emerald Eradication" finale! It's the final showdown between Supergirl and Emerald Empress. Supergirl's life has been torn asunder and she's not going to let Emerald Empress get away with it. But is it too late to repair the damage and remain the hero she's built herself to be?

Written by: Steve Orlando
Art by: Robson Rocha, Daniel Henriques
Colors by: Mike Atiyeh
Covers by: Robson Rocha, Stanley Lau (Variant)
32 pages
$3.99 (US)

supergirl13_cov.jpg

supergirl13_var.jpg

supergirl13_1.jpg

supergirl13_2.jpg

supergirl13_3.jpg

supergirl13_4.jpg

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Just saw the reveal for Mr. Oz and man it was so under-whelming. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Draco x wrote:Just saw the reveal for Mr. Oz and man it was so under-whelming. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

Jor-El?

Yeah...

Draco x

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:26 pm

HNutz wrote:
Jor-El?

Yeah...

Given the fact that a lot of people guessed this already was part of that let-down. On the flipside, I am glad it wasn't Conner though.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Draco x wrote:
Given the fact that a lot of people guessed this already was part of that let-down. On the flipside, I am glad it wasn't Conner though.

Other folks were guessing it was Ozymandias.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:44 pm

HNutz wrote:
Other folks were guessing it was Ozymandias.

If they are going to go through with the Watchman thing, they are going to have to shit or get off the pot at some point in the near future. It's time to get on with it. They wanted people to think it was Ozymandias to generate interest but swerved. I think they are stalling because they have no idea what they are actually going to do with the Watchmen in the DCU yet. They need to figure it out and go ahead and do it and quit jerking around their readers. I know its going to be stupid. I know its going to suck. But I just want them to get on with it already.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:22 pm

But is it too late to repair the damage and remain the hero she's built herself to be?

Here's the problem with this question (about Supergirl). She hasn't built herself to be a hero in the pages of this series. Nor had she done that in the New 52 series either. They're telling us that she has built herself up to be a hero but never actually showed it in the comic. It's like Orlando thinks he's writing this comic in the TV show universe or Peter David's Supergirl or pre-Crisis or something (all examples of Kara building herself up to be a hero). But none of that has ever happened in the DCRebirthU, so I'm not sure what they think she's going to 'remain' as.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:44 pm

She has shown herself to be a hero on many occasions in the current run. I'm sure each and every one of those moments must have just slipped your mind.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm

The only thing wrong with the latest Supergirl is the lack of anatomy on the B cover.
Her neck and right shoulder are just weird.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:19 pm

So despite the weak reveal in Action Comics, the rest of the issue was pretty good. Jurgens set up some decent suspense as Superman is pulled from one catastrophe to the next and Bogdanovic's art is well done throughout. Say what you will about the lenticular covers, I kind of like this one especially how "Hope" changes to "Oz".

leave a comment with facebook