Tuesday, November 21, 2017 • Evening Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Owl Tribe Stories webcomic

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello everyone,
My webcomic The Owl Tribe Stories has just debuted on Webtoons and I thought you might want to check it out!

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 am

New episode is out!
Updates will be released every Wednesday.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 am

Just a quick question - have you posted a behind the scenes article on how the webcomic originated? It would be fun to read since I like to hear how creators came up with their ideas for various projects.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 am

That's a good idea, zryson! I will surely do that pretty soon :-)

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 am

lukasz.draws wrote:That's a good idea, zryson! I will surely do that pretty soon :-)

Well I'm glad I could help. I look forward to hearing how the webcomic came to be! Thanks for replying.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 am

Check out episode 3!

PS At the bottom, in creator's note, you can find a link to an article where I spill some beans about the comic's origins.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:53 am

lukasz.draws wrote:Image
Check out episode 3!

PS At the bottom, in creator's note, you can find a link to an article where I spill some beans about the comic's origins.

Thanks. I'll read it in the coming day and leave you some feedback.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 am

I had a look at your webcomic page and have some questions for you. First up, what made you decide to start drawing originally? Did other members in your family draw or were you influenced by famous artists? You also wrote that you stopped drawing for eight years or more. That's a long time but there was nothing about the reasons why? Did you find yourself lacking creativity? Looking forward to your answers!

moon-man

A Quagmire

Postby moon-man » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Really cool characters designs. Did you get some of the inspiration from Avatar the TV show?

Overall great job dude!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to buy or sell a home? Guelph Realtors are ready to help!

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:23 pm

moon-man wrote:Really cool characters designs. Did you get some of the inspiration from Avatar the TV show?
Overall great job dude!

Thank you, moon-man. Glad you like it! It's quite possible some elements of Avatar might've influenced me although I surely wasn't aware of that. I loved the show (and Korra too).

zryson wrote:I had a look at your webcomic page and have some questions for you. First up, what made you decide to start drawing originally? Did other members in your family draw or were you influenced by famous artists? You also wrote that you stopped drawing for eight years or more. That's a long time but there was nothing about the reasons why? Did you find yourself lacking creativity? Looking forward to your answers!

I have no idea what made me draw originally. I've always been wired that way and no-one in my family had a particular interest in visual arts. The eight years hiatus had a bunch of reasons: high school and college were a time when I lived away from home and there many better things to do (or so I used to think at that time). After that, I started working and dabbling in music, then a family happened, and again there was so little time left for anything else. As for creativity, whenever I lack it, I turn to my collection of comic books, pick a fave author and try to make his idea(s) mine. It's pretty easy for me to get a kick out of someone else's work. Procrastinating still happens though...

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Episode 4 is live.

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:31 pm

lukasz.draws wrote:
Thank you, moon-man. Glad you like it! It's quite possible some elements of Avatar might've influenced me although I surely wasn't aware of that. I loved the show (and Korra too).

I have no idea what made me draw originally. I've always been wired that way and no-one in my family had a particular interest in visual arts. The eight years hiatus had a bunch of reasons: high school and college were a time when I lived away from home and there many better things to do (or so I used to think at that time). After that, I started working and dabbling in music, then a family happened, and again there was so little time left for anything else. As for creativity, whenever I lack it, I turn to my collection of comic books, pick a fave author and try to make his idea(s) mine. It's pretty easy for me to get a kick out of someone else's work. Procrastinating still happens though...

I don't understand how you cannot know what made you take up drawing in the first place? There has to be a reason. People don't just decide to become an artist and don't know why. Try thinking about it some more because I really would like to know.

lukasz.draws

Inhouser

Postby lukasz.draws » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:17 am

As for taking it up seriously to draw comics, that's easy: I just wanted to make a book on the subject that interested me a lot and once I got going there was no way I could just stop. It 's been too much fun. Other than that, I really can't tell. It's just the way my brain works, I guess. I've always appreciated visual arts.

Sween

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby Sween » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Wow, great art work. I like your story flow. Will have to read the rest when I get off the train bah! I do understand why you don't know what made you draw in the first place. I write alot for no particular reason, I just enjoy creating new things. It's nice to get feedback too but not even necessary really. I don't think you need a particular motivation to do things that are obviously so natural to you.

leave a comment with facebook