Sunday, November 19, 2017 • Morning Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Mera Gets Her Own Miniseries In February

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Keeping the peace

Source: MERA Gets Her First-Ever Solo Title

Comic fans know Mera mostly through her appearances in Aquaman titles. A larger (probably) audience will get to know the Queen of Atlantis when she makes an appearance in the Justice League movie. Perhaps some of that audience then will be game for Mera's first solo title, Mera: Queen of Atlantis.

Mera: Queen of Atlantis will be a six-issue miniseries featuring (shocker) Mera, and some trouble via Aquaman's brother Ocean Master in his pursuit of power. The miniseries will be written by Dan Abnett with art by Lan Medina and will wash up into stores February 28, 2018.

Here's the solicitation for the first issue:

MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS #1
Written by DAN ABNETT
Art by LAN MEDINA
Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
Variant cover by STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU
From the pages of AQUAMAN comes a brand-new adventure starring Mera, in her own title for the first time ever!
As the brutal Atlantean Civil War rages, Mera must keep the peace between the surface world and Atlantis as its newly anointed queen in exile. But when Aquaman's brother Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, learns of his homeland's fate, he'll stop at nothing to return to Atlantis as its king and savior!
On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

meraqueenofatlantis.jpgMera: Queen of Atlantis promotional art by Nicola Scott

Fans will get more Mera after this miniseries when she appears in the Aquaman movie December 2018.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 am

Draco x

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:43 am

I'm ok with this happening.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:10 am

"Lan Medina" - haven't heard that name in a while.

And yeah, I'm in.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 pm

I'll be looking forward to this, when it hits my local library.

achilles

Not a Kardashian

Postby achilles » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Hey, if they want to do that, it's their business. But as far as I'm concerned, a supporting character to one of the bigger jokes in the DCU, now about to be an even bigger joke as Jason Mamoa's surfer bro dead fish hits the big screen, is probably not going to score big sales numbers. Though Mera will probably be better in the movie than Mackerel Man.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 pm

achilles wrote:Hey, if they want to do that, it's their business. But as far as I'm concerned, a supporting character to one of the bigger jokes in the DCU, now about to be an even bigger joke as Jason Mamoa's surfer bro dead fish hits the big screen, is probably not going to score big sales numbers. Though Mera will probably be better in the movie than Mackerel Man.

Aquaman hasn't been a joke since PAD

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm

And Mera is without question the most bad ass female character currently in DC continuity, so sign me up for that

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Noc speaks the truth. Mera became one of the prominent and better characters in the "Darkest Night" event and continued that right up to Rebirth. In Abnett's current Aquaman title he has turned Mera into an incredible force. She deserves her own mini-series. :smt023

zryson

Fagorstorm

Postby zryson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 am

achilles wrote:Hey, if they want to do that, it's their business. But as far as I'm concerned, a supporting character to one of the bigger jokes in the DCU, now about to be an even bigger joke as Jason Mamoa's surfer bro dead fish hits the big screen, is probably not going to score big sales numbers. Though Mera will probably be better in the movie than Mackerel Man.

Mera is okay but nothing special. I dont expect big numbers for this series but considering that the solo Aquaman movie cost more than Wonder Woman, Warner Bros will be going all out to try and convince a wider audience beyond fanboys that Aquaman is cool and worth supporting.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Noc speaks the truth. Mera became one of the prominent and better characters in the "Darkest Night" event and continued that right up to Rebirth. In Abnett's current Aquaman title he has turned Mera into an incredible force. She deserves her own mini-series. :smt023

Personally, I've always liked Mera better than her hubby. That may just be the "hot redhead" fetish taking over my brain again, but I've always thought her powers were cooler, and now that Abnett has, as you said, upped her badass level, I'm an even bigger fan. Sign me up for this too.

achilles

Not a Kardashian

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:And Mera is without question the most bad ass female character currently in DC continuity, so sign me up for that

Well yeah, except for Wonder Woman, pissed off Supergirl, Power Girl, Faora, Ursa, Black Canary, versions of Batgirl, Barda, Maxima, Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain, Starfire, Raven, Lady Quark.....

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:28 am

achilles wrote:
Well yeah, except for Wonder Woman, pissed off Supergirl, Power Girl, Faora, Ursa, Black Canary, versions of Batgirl, Barda, Maxima, Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain, Starfire, Raven, Lady Quark.....

Nope, not even

achilles

Not a Kardashian

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Nope, not even

Yes, even. And that's not even including a lot of female villains.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 pm

achilles wrote:
Yes, even. And that's not even including a lot of female villains.

Nope my correctness was confirmed by Ivy, the truthseeker. I'm certain if ivy backed me up no evidence exists on the internet to contradict me. :smt045

leave a comment with facebook