Friday, December 15, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Long Gone 70s Comic Series Would You Bring Back?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:50 am

last week's Master of Kung Fu one shot has gotten me thinking of series that existed in the 70s, but don't now. That decade seems like a unique time in comics history. If you had a chance to bring back any series from that decade, which would you chose? Would you keep it the same or change it? What would the changes be if that's what you decided? What are your thoughts about comics in the 70s in general?

Johnny Smith

Zombie Guard

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:42 am

Stephen Day wrote:That decade seems like a unique time in comics history

Are you Bendis?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:41 am

The team up books (Marvel Team-Up, DC Comics Presents, Super-Team Family, Two-in-One, Brave & the Bold & Super Villain Team Up) - There's just something about a hero meeting a random hero for an adventure. Keep Superman, the Thing, Batman & Spidey as the anchors of thier series.

Challengers of the Unknown - Yes they were a 60's book, but I didn't know that when DC brought them out of limbo for an all too short run in the 70's (I really like the Simonson/Staton Metal Men that same time).

Warlord - I don't know if Grell's up for it, but even if it's just him writing, I'd buy it.

And a special call out for the oversized tabloids of the 70's. However, I'd nix the reprints in favour of new material 1) Reprints are everywhere, they don't need to make any new reprint books and 2) I always preferred the new stuff in them back anyways; then like when Howard the Duck joined the Defenders or the LSH with Staurn Girl and Lightning Lad's wedding.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 am

Master of Kung Fu but I'd probably make it a buddy book with Iron Fist, Shang Chi and the Daughters of the Dragon and call it Masters of Kung Fu. I'd make them a full team trying to take down a revived Fu Manchu who is at war with Master Khan. A full blown secret society war that threatens the world. Iron Fist, Shang, Misty and Colleen are the field team with Blackjack Tarr running ops.

Like Amoebas any of the team up books.

Tomb Of Dracula would be cool if they could make it work. Marvel seems to have issues reviving all their horror characters which is a bummer.

achilles

Silly French Man

Postby achilles » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 am

Yeah, I'd go for Warlord too, especially with Grell. All-Star Comics too.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
Are you Bendis?

Are you Didio?

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:24 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tits_%26_Clits_Comix

:smt026

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Hell yeah to MoKF. And hell yeah to all the team-up books.

jephd

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jephd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:03 am

Marvels bringing back 2 team up books (2 in 1 and tales to astonish) so itll be interesting to see how they do.
Not strictly 70s but I'd like a return of an on going anthology title like Marvel comics presents. Not as a throwaway tie in to the current event but as an entity in its own right, allowing writer and artists a venue to do something different.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:09 am

jephd wrote:Marvels bringing back 2 team up books (2 in 1 and tales to astonish) so itll be interesting to see how they do.
And DC just announced Brave and the Bold!

leave a comment with facebook