Wednesday, August 15, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

More Info About Marvel's 'Infinity Countdown' "Event"

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Fighting over stones once again…

Source: Various at Newsarama

Last month Marvel  posted a mysterious promo with several characters in possession of Infinity Stones/Gems with the tease that the "countdown" would begin in February. After Guardians of the Galaxy was canceled, writer Gerry Dugan  said it was to expand the story beyond those characters, starting with two titles -- Infinity Countdown: Adam Warlock and Infinity Countdown Prime -- in February. Little information was given beyond that, but today we are getting slightly more info about the Prime one-shot and the Countdown (no not that other Countdown) series.

Infinity Countdown Prime will kick off the "event" on February 21. It will be written by Dugan with art by Mike Deodato Jr. Here's a synopsis of the one-shot:

"The Infinity Stones. Individually, they grant their wielder great power. Together, they grant the power of a god. Newly reformed and scattered throughout the universe, these artifacts allow the ones who claim them their heart's desire. Now, as their locations are discovered, forces converge for a battle that will begin the universe down a dark path to the end" … "Jump onto this exciting ride that will lead to the biggest Infinity yet! Plus: The saga of the Infinity Stones - what they are and how they came to be! From creation to destruction to re-creation, this prose primer will tell you everything you need to know about the legendary cosmic gems!"

infinitycountdownprime-deodato.jpgInfinity Countdown Prime cover by Mike Deodato Jr.

Here are a few preview pages from Infinity Countdown Prime:

infinitycountdownprimesample1Infinity Countdown Prime sample page by Mike Deodato Jr.

infinitycountdownprimesample2.jpgInfinity Countdown Prime sample page by Mike Deodato Jr.

infinitycountdownprimesample3.jpgInfinity Countdown Prime sample page by Mike Deodato Jr.

On March 7 the Infinity Countdown series begins. Infinity Countdown will be a 5-issue series by Dugan and artist Aaron Kuder. Marvel put out a press release describing the series:

"As the hunt for the stones begins, a new weapon of unimaginable power is being forged...and it's a weapon like nothing the universe has ever seen!" … "What is its purpose? And who - or what - is the destructive force that will be unleashed on the world? The race for power in the post Secret Wars universe has begun, and its search will impact every Marvel character from the street to the cosmos, from the Avengers to Spider-Man to the X-Men, even bringing about the end of the Guardians of the Galaxy!"

infinitycountdown1cvr-bradshaw.jpgInfinity Countdown #1 cover by Nick Bradshaw

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 am

Heh, someone's pimped it out and put it on a cane. 8)

Hyperstorm

Inhouser

Postby Hyperstorm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 am

Has it already been 18 months since Secret Empire ended? I distinctly remember Marvel saying there would be no events for 18 months after that crapfest and Marvel would never ever lie!

Then again that was before they started their "every story is an event (so we will continue to overcharge you)" bull$#!+ so ...

Hyperstorm

Inhouser

Postby Hyperstorm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 am

Has it already been 18 months since Secret Empire ended? I distinctly remember Marvel saying there would be no events for 18 months after that crapfest and Marvel would never ever lie!

Then again that was before they started their "every story is an event (so we will continue to overcharge you)" bull$#!+ so ...

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Must everything be an event? DC lost me with its All Batman All The Time cavalcade of events, Marvel is just a random vomit of events, and even my old friend IDW is stuck in the Hasbro-verse unity event. Can these even be events when they are the new normal? Surely the big event now is when a comicbook isn't having a multimegaeventover?

Okay, its been a while, but what is 2000AD doing on this front? Man, I wish I'd stuck with Bunty like my grandmother wanted me to.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:Must everything be an event? DC lost me with its All Batman All The Time cavalcade of events, Marvel is just a random vomit of events, and even my old friend IDW is stuck in the Hasbro-verse unity event. Can these even be events when they are the new normal? Surely the big event now is when a comicbook isn't having a multimegaeventover?

Okay, its been a while, but what is 2000AD doing on this front? Man, I wish I'd stuck with Bunty like my grandmother wanted me to.

pm.png

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Let's say it all together, "And nothing will ever be the same again."

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm

LiamA wrote:Let's say it all together, "And nothing will ever be the same again."

But will it shake the Marvel universe to its core?

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:13 pm

I think DC and Marvel should be forbidden to use the words 'infinite/infinity', 'countdown' and 'crisis' in the next 2 decades.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm

hmmmm Could that logo be anymore 90's looking? That's probably appropriate.

rustyrusty

Garbage Collector

Postby rustyrusty » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Glaeken wrote:hmmmm Could that logo be anymore 90's looking? That's probably appropriate.

It's even more 90s than the 90s were.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy has been fun since Duggan and co. took over. Not into the hype, but I'm expected this to be good.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 pm

GLX wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy has been fun since Duggan and co. took over. Not into the hype, but I'm expected this to be good.

Agreed.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Spacedog wrote:I think DC and Marvel should be forbidden to use the words 'infinite/infinity', 'countdown' and 'crisis' in the next 2 decades.

I'd settle for the next two hours.

Hyperstorm

Inhouser

Postby Hyperstorm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:19 am

Don't know why I am complaining since I am on a Marvel boycott until they return the Fantastic Four series to the shelves. Of course that too will be done by way of an 8-issue event with 13 tie-in minis

leave a comment with facebook