Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Something about hobo piss."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Fysh wrote:So as first days back after the holidays go, today can go eat a bowl of dicks. Tomorrow might be better, but I'm not betting on it.

On the plus side, tomorrow is Thursday and I've got som new (to my ears, at least) Melt Banana sounds to soothe the savage beast.

How's your week going, RCT?

I'm sort of having an existential crisis. But I always have an existential crisis when a new year begins. Here comes the roller coaster of 2018...

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Fysh wrote:So as first days back after the holidays go, today can go eat a bowl of dicks. Tomorrow might be better, but I'm not betting on it.

On the plus side, tomorrow is Thursday and I've got som new (to my ears, at least) Melt Banana sounds to soothe the savage beast.

How's your week going, RCT?

Going OK. I'm up to #70 of Starman.

Today is new comic day, so it always makes things better.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:04 pm

uz000 wrote:
Going OK. I'm up to #70 of Starman.

Today is new comic day, so it always makes things better.

Is there anything particular you're looking forward to this week?

I can't remember the last time I went into an actual comic shop - I couldn't get to Gosh! last time I was in London, which disappointed me, and I can only say I bought comics (as opposed to trade) in the last year because of a combination of the Spanish satirical digital comic I was following which has now ended and the most recent issue of The Strumpet which I supported on Kickstarter again (and still haven't finished reading, 'cos I'm crap).

I do plan to get to my local Waterstones and pick up a few trades at the weekend, using the possibility of having some cash left on a gift card as my excuse. Which means I may as well go and trawl the Image site for ideas... I know I'm overdue on the latest Sex Criminals volume, the Royal Mile collection and the first volume of the current Hickman series, for starters.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Right, a few minutes of rooting around and I've got the following, which ignores the list of Spanish comics from the last few years I should probably check out:

Already out:
  • Sex Criminals: Fourgy
  • Black Monday Murders: Volume 1
  • Wild Storm: Volume 1
  • Injection: Volume 3
  • Royal City: Volume 1
  • Bitch Planet: Triple Feature

Out soon:
  • WicDiv volume 6
  • Kill Or Be Killed volume 3
  • Multiple Warheads: Ghost Throne

Any suggestions from other publishers?

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Fysh wrote:
Is there anything particular you're looking forward to this week?

I can't remember the last time I went into an actual comic shop - I couldn't get to Gosh! last time I was in London, which disappointed me, and I can only say I bought comics (as opposed to trade) in the last year because of a combination of the Spanish satirical digital comic I was following which has now ended and the most recent issue of The Strumpet which I supported on Kickstarter again (and still haven't finished reading, 'cos I'm crap).

I do plan to get to my local Waterstones and pick up a few trades at the weekend, using the possibility of having some cash left on a gift card as my excuse. Which means I may as well go and trawl the Image site for ideas... I know I'm overdue on the latest Sex Criminals volume, the Royal Mile collection and the first volume of the current Hickman series, for starters.

So this week I'm getting

Deathstroke #27
Injustice 2 #39
Justice League #36
X-Men Grand Design #2

I think I'm looking forward to X-Men Grand Design the most, but the other three are always a decent read.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Any news about our buddy Flamebird? I hope his health has improved.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Spacedog wrote:Any news about our buddy Flamebird? I hope his health has improved.

I was wandering the same thing. Also we have not seen jephd for a bit, I remember his health wasn't the best either. I hope they are both doing ok.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Fysh wrote:So as first days back after the holidays go, today can go eat a bowl of dicks.

I believe IvC can arrange that.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:05 am

uz000 wrote:
So this week I'm getting

Deathstroke #27
Injustice 2 #39
Justice League #36
X-Men Grand Design #2

I think I'm looking forward to X-Men Grand Design the most, but the other three are always a decent read.

Did you hear about the new grizzled Kamala Khan in the upcoming Exiles book? Any intrest?

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:32 am

Mac E Tero wrote:Did you hear about the new grizzled Kamala Khan in the upcoming Exiles book? Any intrest?

It is funny I was just about to post about this before you asked. So I saw the news on Bleedingcool about Exiles and it looks OK. Not sure about grizzled Kamala though, the charm of the book is her youthful optimism and the fact it is a new take on the high school superhero.

However, what struck me the most was the comments where a whole load of people said how good Blackbolt was by the same writer. I think I'll check out the first tpb of Blackbolt and then decide whether to read Exiles.

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 am

Jesse wrote:
Marisa Tomei is even hotter in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007). :groucho:

Only You Marisa Tomei is my Tomei of choice.

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:That being said, Jamie Lee Curtis could actually be a good Ultimate Spidey Aunt May.

I can absolutely see Curtis laying into Peter that way. "Cut the shit, Peter!" would roll off the tongue perfectly from her.

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:13 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Yeah, now it feels like the RCT again. Jill Thompson would be proud. :smt005

Who? :D

25 25 6

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby 25 25 6 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:16 am

Fysh wrote:
It's true in no small part because DarthArsehole isn't here anymore, for whatever reason. (And slightly less so for the recent reappearance of other folks, while I'm being bitchy).

What'd I do now? :-D

leave a comment with facebook