Friday, July 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Continues To Take Dark Horse's Lunch Money With Conan Acquisition

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Marvel Continues To Take Dark Horse's Lunch Money With Conan Acquisition

The publisher took over Star Wars in 2015.

Source: Marvel Comics

Marvel is continuing its conquest of Dark Horse's licensed properties with the announcement that Conan is coming back to Marvel. The company published Conan comics from 1970 to 2000, before the license went to Dark Horse in 2003.

Marvel's Editor-In-Chief Akira Yoshida EXXXCLUSIVELY told The Outhouse, "What do I have to say to Dark Horse? I'm glad you asked. First, we took your Star Wars. Then we took your Conan. What's next? Aliens? Buffy? Barb Wire? Time will tell."

Marvel's new Conan releases will start in early 2019.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Disney did just acquire 20th Century Fox, so yeah, probably Aliens and Predator.

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:54 am

I'm glad to hear that Conan is coming back to Marvel because Marvel helped to build up that franchise outside of the books by Robert E Howard. If we're lucky, hopefully they will get back the rights to Red Sonja as well.

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 am

On a flipnote, I am guessing that means they will get back the rights to Solomon Kane and Kull Of Atlantis also, given they were also published by Dark Horse for a good minute.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Hmmmm And Gail Simone is working a bit with Marvel now.

Johnny Smith

WTF is this rank?

Postby Johnny Smith » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Yay!

DJ Convoy

cheese

Postby DJ Convoy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Consider me mildly interested. The only eras of Conan I dig are generally creator specific.

I'm more interested about what this means going forward for Dark Horse, once the premier home of licensed properties, going forward.

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm

As I said, I am happy Conan is back at Marvel as Marvel was the one who made Conan a recognizable figure beyond Robert E Howard's books. The one concern I may have is that if they do a Conan movie possibly that I hope Disney has nothing to do with it as they would just water down Conan to try and make him more family friendly. I get that that worked for the 90's cartoon but the example of that shitty TV show that came afterwards is what I don't want to happen. If Disney and Marvel allows some other studio that will stay true to the ultra-violent nature of Conan's world, then it's all good.

leave a comment with facebook