Thursday, May 24, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Flash Season Four Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 pm

If Barry goes to prison, what will Iris be more up set about:

NOT being able to say "we are The Flash", or
losing her Sugar Daddy, forcing her to get a real job?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

TheLurker wrote:If Barry goes to prison, what will Iris be more up set about:

NOT being able to say "we are The Flash", or
losing her Sugar Daddy, forcing her to get a real job?

One way or another, she's going to visit him and say "You're not in prison Barry, we are."

Also, how fucked up is it that Barry went from the Speed Force prison to regular prison in half a season?!

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 pm

The investigation and the trial of Barry are probably going to be dumb. This is CW writers after all. I just hope its a fun kind of dumb that I can enjoy and not an infuriating dumb. More like Commando(fun dumb) and not like Prometheus(infuriating dumb). It all depends on what tone they take it with it.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Grayson wrote:Also, the thorough scrutiny of an autopsy should reveal the troubling detail that the top of DeVoe's freaking head was detachable! Not to mention whatever modifications were done to his body to accommodate his connection to the chair itself!

That doesn't exactly prove Barry's innocence...

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 pm

HNutz wrote:That doesn't exactly prove Barry's innocence...

I think that my defense has adequately provided enough reasonable doubt that the verdict of any jury would be not guilty. Not only that but I have established another viable suspect! 8)

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Grayson wrote:
One way or another, she's going to visit him and say "You're not in prison Barry, we are."

Also, how fucked up is it that Barry went from the Speed Force prison to regular prison in half a season?!

Either one is better than being stuck on a honeymoon with Iris. :roll:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 am

Grayson wrote:

Shit, you must be crazy. Iris is only interested in unwarranted joint credit, no way she's taking joint blame.

Barry: "I know this isn't ideal, Iris, but we'll get out of here."

Iris: "What you mean 'we', Barry? My ass ain't in jail!"

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm

That may have been Iris's best public moment!

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

And Cecile is still HOTT

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Iris's face says, "WHY ME?".

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 pm

And Barry's face at the end says, "finally! It is quiet and I can't hear HER voice".

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Fuck everything about this shitty fucking episode and I hope whichever writers worked on it have been fired.

I'm all for clever villians, I'm all for the heroes facing problems but man:

Where's the dead assholes chair? Where's his wedding ring? Weird that Barry Allen goes missing from his trial when the Flash literally shows up to save the fucking day!

Forcing shit doesn't endear anyone to this universe it just pisses your viewers off.

Oh and there is literally no reason for Barry to have a secret identity at this point.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm

TheLurker wrote:And Cecile is still HOTT

But a REALLLLLLY bad trial lawyer. She completely fumbled that cross-exam on Mrs. Thinker, her closing argument was crap, and even if you're not putting Barry on the stand, you at least have to provide SOME kind of character witnesses or something to refute the avalanche of evidence that Jack from Days of Our Lives put up.

Christ, it's amazing anybody she's prosecuted is still in Iron Heights.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 pm

chap22 wrote:
But a REALLLLLLY bad trial lawyer. She completely fumbled that cross-exam on Mrs. Thinker, her closing argument was crap, and even if you're not putting Barry on the stand, you at least have to provide SOME kind of character witnesses or something to refute the avalanche of evidence that Jack from Days of Our Lives put up.

Christ, it's amazing anybody she's prosecuted is still in Iron Heights.

Yeah, she's no Laurel :P

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Yeah, she's no Laurel :P

Shit, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Laurel may have been better.

Other than Cecile's relentless incompetence, I thought Fallout went from zero to 60 a bit quick. Flash hits the scene and he's all "I don't want to hurt anyone" and "I can't control this" to shooting freaking radioactive laser shots at urrbody in like 2 seconds. Really just displayed how inconsequential and weak the secondary "freak of the week" plot was.

Mrs. Thinker is a bad bitch.

LOVED Joe and Ralph's scene at the Devoe doorway. I think they're actually really handling Ralph's character arc/hero's journey pretty well.

leave a comment with facebook