Wednesday, July 18, 2018 • Evening Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Rearranges Deck Chairs With New Publisher John Nee

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Marvel Rearranges Deck Chairs With New Publisher John Nee

The Publisher position had been vacant since Dan Buckley became President.

Source: TV and Movies Dot Com

Marvel has announced some executive restructuring through their unofficial PR wing TV & Movies Dot Com. Marvel has hired John Nee as their new Publisher. Nee is no stranger to comics as he once worked his way up through Wildstorm eventually becoming its President. He then bounced around Warner Bros. before co-founding Cryptozoic Entertainment in 2010.

Nee takes over from Dan Buckley, who shifted to the position of President last year. Buckley gave a statement regarding the hire.

"This was more of the right time than the "best." Our comics and prose businesses have many opportunities in front of them, and each of those opportunities require a certain amount of expertise. We feel John can provide us with that expertise for each of these opportunities... John's has a comprehensive background that makes uniquely qualified for this role. He has a depth and breadth of experience in gaming, consumer products, prose publishing, collectibles, and most importantly comics... As the publisher, John will lead our business strategy for publishing as a whole and focus on growing the comics and prose business. All business aspects of publishing report up to John. Creative and editorial planning will still have oversight from C.B. Cebulski, Joe Quesada, and myself."

Buckley himself took over from Alan Fine, whose Wikipedia page still lists as President. It would seem that time is short for Fine, as no official position for him has been revealed.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 am

They will reuse some of Stan's old cards and change the L to an N.

Nee's demand to Quesada: When you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... Wiiiiiithh.... A HERRING!

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 am

A friend of mine is an old friend of the guy and says he's a very smart & decent guy, so, I guess we'll see.

DJ Convoy

cheese

Postby DJ Convoy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 am

I wonder how much influence on the line the publisher actually wields. We tend to hear only about editorial... I'm not particularly sure what any of the publishers have done save maybe Goodman and Jemas.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Oh I get it

Stan Lee = Stanley
John Nee = Johnny

leave a comment with facebook