Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Everyday Thread! Open Everyday For You! So, What's New?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 pm

TheLurker wrote:Anyone watching the Olympics?

Is that a new thing on American Ninja Warrior?

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm looking for a mythological book such as Thor or Wonder Woman. Any recommendations?

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Magic Sam wrote:I'm looking for a mythological book such as Thor or Wonder Woman. Any recommendations?

Hello friend!

What are your thoughts on Netflix's Daredevil? Have you seen it?

To answer your question there are a bunch of Fantasy books that I enjoy, some of the ones that play on earth mythology(Conan, Red Sonja, Britannia, Hellboy) but many are just fantastical tales of ancient gods and warriors a la lord of the rings. Can you elaborate as to which you are referring?

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote: Hello friend! What are your thoughts on Netflix's Daredevil? Have you seen it? To answer your question there are a bunch of Fantasy books that I enjoy, some of the ones that play on earth mythology(Conan, Red Sonja, Britannia, Hellboy) but many are just fantastical tales of ancient gods and warriors a la lord of the rings. Can you elaborate as to which you are referring?

Greetings. I love all the Marvel Netflix shows except the Punisher. I'm looking for a book where either the main character or supporting characters (such as in Wonder Woman) are either gods or demi-gods. Hellboy was a great suggestion. I moved last year and had to throw out hundreds of dollars worth of the Hellboy family (such as BPRD) trades. Sigh. I love Hellboy. Maybe I'll start collecting the hardcovers.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Why don't you just order a "Wonder Woman" Rebirth tpb/collection? Amazon has both digital and paperback versions. I would think online comic sites like Comixology or even Midtown would have trade paperbacks.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Magic Sam wrote:I'm looking for a mythological book such as Thor or Wonder Woman. Any recommendations?

Wonder Woman: The True Amazon is fantastic. Dan Abnett's Hercules run might not be easy to find physically, but it's a good read if you want superheroics mixed with new gods/old gods conflict.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Magic Sam wrote:
Greetings. I love all the Marvel Netflix shows except the Punisher. I'm looking for a book where either the main character or supporting characters (such as in Wonder Woman) are either gods or demi-gods. Hellboy was a great suggestion. I moved last year and had to throw out hundreds of dollars worth of the Hellboy family (such as BPRD) trades. Sigh. I love Hellboy. Maybe I'll start collecting the hardcovers.

I've actually started picking up some of the new hellboy, Hellboy in hell, Hellboy and the BPRD 1942 &1943., lobster johnson, that type of stuff.

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the Wonder Woman stuff and the Hellboy family scares me, because there's so much good stuff that even just the new trades are over my budget. I think I'm gonna search for the Abnett Hercules. He's a great, funny underrated character who's basically a match for anyone on Earth in hand to hand. He has thousands of years of experience, is as strong as the Hulk before the Hulk has time to get mad, and an adamantine mace. I have reprints of Lee/Kirby Thors where he fights Herc and they're pretty good.

P.S. Chachi accused of sexually abusing children!?! My childhood is now officially over at age 55. :wink: j/k I watched Happy Days, but never Joanie loves Chachi or Charles in Charge which is kind of a creepy title given today's news. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/‘charles-in-charge’-star-alexander-polinsky-accuses-scott-baio-of-sexual-abuse/ar-BBJ6muM?ocid=spartanntp

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 am

I love the first image. The second image isn't the Prince of Power, but it's his mace. Who can name that second image character to win a Marvel No-Prize? I miss the Black Panther of my youth.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Happy Valentine's day my lovelies.

Supersoldier Washout

WTF is this rank?

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 am

Happy Valentine's Day, sugarplums!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am

BarrySagittarius