Friday, April 27, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:07 am

An armed officer was on duty at the Florida school where a shooter killed 17 people but never went inside to engage the gunman, authorities have revealed. This comes as Donald Trump now denies ever saying give teachers guns, that will stop mass shootings from happening in the first place and he tweeted “A ‘gun free’ school is a magnet for bad people,” Mr Trump said Thursday morning.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:57 am

So last night I saw Electric Six along with a pretty good 3-piece Japanese punk band called Mutant Monster. Good fun, though a higher than usual count of obnoxious dickbags in the crowd. I've got the place to myself for the weekend so it's going to involve movies, beer, and some out of hours work. Also probably some videoediting, if I have the time and motivation.

What's your weekend looking like, RCT?

zryson

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby zryson » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 am

Sinabung famed for its eruptions, just delivered an almighty finale

uz000

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby uz000 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 am

Fysh wrote:So last night I saw Electric Six along with a pretty good 3-piece Japanese punk band called Mutant Monster. Good fun, though a higher than usual count of obnoxious dickbags in the crowd. I've got the place to myself for the weekend so it's going to involve movies, beer, and some out of hours work. Also probably some videoediting, if I have the time and motivation.

What's your weekend looking like, RCT?

Saturday I'll be taking kids to a few places. I plan to watch more Manhunter. Got a bit of work reading to do as well.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 am

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am

uz000 wrote:Love the way Marvel having gone back to the Legacy numbering for six months are now planning to renumber a whole load of books back to #1 for a "Fresh Start". :smt078

Until David Gabriel gets removed from Marvel changing the EIC isn't going to fix this nonsense.

I stopped giving a shit about Marvel & DC numbering/re-numbering "system" a long time ago. These motherfuckers have no sense of history and no respect for their own legacies.

Dr. Hackenbush

penile prisoner

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

uz000 wrote:Love the way Marvel having gone back to the Legacy numbering for six months are now planning to renumber a whole load of books back to #1 for a "Fresh Start". :smt078

Until David Gabriel gets removed from Marvel changing the EIC isn't going to fix this nonsense.

Lol. Didn'T we just talk about Marvel and their bad marketing.
I honestly think a lot of it is due to them thinking their readers are nothing but a bunch of dumb fucks.

"Well, we said we would honour our legacies and stop stupid renumberings, but that was half a year ago, it's not like those morons would remember.
They'll just be hyped about new #1 issues."

Say about DC what you want, but even during the worst of the New 52 I never got as condescending a vibe from them as I do from Marvel.
Not even Didio or Harras.

And with things like sticking to 2,99 or good trade prices or with Rebirth, DC actually shows they are willing to do something that sticks and not just pretend to.

There's a lot to criticize about them, but a lot more to criticize about Marvel in my book.
Which is of course the reason I still buy monthly DC books and no Marvel. :smt005 ;)

Dr. Hackenbush

penile prisoner

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm

I watched an Amazon exclusive film by a bunch of German comedians today. They had vast success here with films that were basically parodies of well-known German film series AND Star Trek.

They made whole film called "Traumschiff Surprise" (roughly Cruise-Ship Surprise) that was a parody/ homage to TOS and had several million cinema visitors here.
This new film also had a segment about Trek and they even made fun about Abrams beloved lens flare effect.

jephd

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jephd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote: a bunch of German comedians

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017

uz000

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby uz000 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Lol. Didn'T we just talk about Marvel and their bad marketing.
I honestly think a lot of it is due to them thinking their readers are nothing but a bunch of dumb fucks.

"Well, we said we would honour our legacies and stop stupid renumberings, but that was half a year ago, it's not like those morons would remember.
They'll just be hyped about new #1 issues."

Say about DC what you want, but even during the worst of the New 52 I never got as condescending a vibe from them as I do from Marvel.
Not even Didio or Harras.

And with things like sticking to 2,99 or good trade prices or with Rebirth, DC actually shows they are willing to do something that sticks and not just pretend to.

There's a lot to criticize about them, but a lot more to criticize about Marvel in my book.
Which is of course the reason I still buy monthly DC books and no Marvel. :smt005 ;)

Yep pretty much agree. For all the stupid stuff DC do, they are at least trying to keep the price of comics down and they aren't renumbering their whole line every year and they aren't doing two crossovers a year. Marvel (especially David Gabriel) just treat their fans like dirt.

Dr. Hackenbush

penile prisoner

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Ohohoho. :groucho: :smt026

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-2018-iceh-m-can-ger/germany-stuns-canada-to-make-first-final-idUSKCN1G71UK

Dr. Hackenbush

penile prisoner

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:46 pm

jephd wrote:
:smt017 :smt017 :smt017

That's racist, you tea-sniffing Island Monkey! :band

jephd

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jephd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

We island monkeys have long since moved on from sniffing to intravenous administration of tea into our tear ducts.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

That's something I'd expect a kraut eating lederhosen wearer to say.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:How in the hell would I even monetize a book that isn't finished yet? I can't get people who like me to read it for free, how am I supposed to get people who've never heard of me to pay me for it?

I'm sure someon's found a way.
Neurotic Moose wrote:Also, who are you?

I have no idea to be honest.

leave a comment with facebook