Sunday, September 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Announces Another Imprint To Be Heavily-Delayed, Black Label

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

karmakaze

Mad Hatter

Postby karmakaze » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Clark: "My birth mother Lara? She was a whore. My adoptive mother Martha? She's also a whore. And until I hit puberty my head was the size and shape of a beach ball. Whores!"

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:33 pm

chap22 wrote:DC CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF WITH MILLER WRITING SUPERMAN.

I'm assuming it's Superman from TDKR?

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

This sounds AWESOME!!!!! Black Label was a weekly necessity in college.

Cheap and barely able to keep it down. Now that is something that I would name a line of comics after. :wink:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

HNutz wrote:
I'm assuming it's Superman from TDKR?

I don't give a shit what version it is, I ain't reading it.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Draco x wrote:So what happened to Young Animal, Vertigo, Wildstorm, Hanna Barbera Beyond and Milestone in the mean-time as I rarely hear any solicitations for these other ones as of recently.

oogy wrote:Aside from Milestone, all of those are still being published.
Young Animal just had a crossover of sorts with the Justice League. Vertigo is still around putting out books and they just announced new Sandman spinoff books. Wildstorm is still coming out. Hanna Barbera characters are still appearing every month in Future Quest Presents.

Yup.

The "Milk Wars" Young Animal/Justice League crossover started a little while back.

Just yesterday, I saw the Jetsons and Snagglepuss on the shelves. There's also Dastardly & Muttley, written by Garth Ennis, Future Quest Presents, etc.

I'm not sure about how integrated the WildStorm characters are in the DCU, but Warren Ellis is halfway through a 24 issue relaunch called "The Wild Storm".

Just because you don't pay attention doesn't mean it isn't happening.

EXACTLY.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Glaeken wrote:Wonder Woman from her one woman show of the life of Phyllis Diller.

I would love to read a comic book about the life of Phyllis Diller though. :oops:

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 pm

chap22 wrote:

But he's the God damned Superman.

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm actually a fan of DeConnick's creator owned work; Bitch Planet is on my pull list, and Pretty Deadly is great. However, the release schedule for Bitch Planet is a bit like puzzling out whether Schrödinger's Cat is alive or dead.

Having said that, a lot of these do look interesting. Not Frank Miller though, blech. Though I'm sure a week before the first issue is released they'll admit Azzarello wrote it instead.

I'll admit the heavy-handed continuity and interconnectedness of superhero comics isn't always a big draw for me. I'd much rather read a great non-cannon story that's internally consistent and focused, than to have a book get subsumed by the narrative fungus of some other book that I don't care to read. Looking at you, Detective Comics. And every Marvel book in the last five years.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:25 pm

TheLurker wrote:This sounds AWESOME!!!!! Black Label was a weekly necessity in college.

Cheap and barely able to keep it down. Now that is something that I would name a line of comics after.

Well, this is the same company that looked at Chris O'Donnell's costume from Batman & Robin said, "let's make THAT his costume from now on!"

Clockwork_Fish wrote:Having said that, a lot of these do look interesting. Not Frank Miller though, blech. Though I'm sure a week before the first issue is released they'll admit Azzarello wrote it instead.

I mean, putting aside how he writes Supes (in part because it's been a while since I read either of the DKR stories I bought and I never got far enough into ASB&R:TBW, but there's always Atop the Fourth Wall), the guy's got a foot-and-a-half in the grave (unless his health has recently improved?). Entirely possible he needs someone for the physical typing of the story, whether he's in it for love of the medium or because DC wants to rely on whatever bankability his name still carries.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Well, this is the same company that looked at Chris O'Donnell's costume from Batman & Robin said, "let's make THAT his costume from now on!"

I mean, putting aside how he writes Supes (in part because it's been a while since I read either of the DKR stories I bought and I never got far enough into ASB&R:TBW, but there's always Atop the Fourth Wall), the guy's got a foot-and-a-half in the grave (unless his health has recently improved?). Entirely possible he needs someone for the physical typing of the story, whether he's in it for love of the medium or because DC wants to rely on whatever bankability his name still carries.

Miller's sick? What with?

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 pm

achilles wrote:Miller's sick? What with?

I figured it was just him getting older. I just remember seeing some images of him, maybe last year or so, and he didn't look particularly spry.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Glaeken wrote:Wonder Woman from her one woman show of the life of Phyllis Diller.

Ha! I was gonna go with Carol Channing and Hello Dolly but...

chalwa

Mad Hatter

Postby chalwa » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 am

chap22 wrote:

Good for you, dick.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 am

chap22 wrote:DC can fuck right off with Miller writing Superman. I have trouble imagining a worse pairing of creator and character.

John Romita Jr. and Superman

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 am

chalwa wrote:Good for you, dick.

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook