Tuesday, December 11, 2018 • Evening Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Voyager in Avengers #683 (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Magic Sam wrote:Most boring generic hero ever. Give me an MU where Luke Cage is the strongest and no one can run or fly faster than 600 mph. Now that would be interesting.

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Grayson has spoken! ;)

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:32 pm

HNutz wrote:When they said this was cowritten by Mark Waid, I didn't expect them to mean "we basically tweaked one of his stories from 22 years ago", but there ya go.

"History Repeats Itself" indeed... 8)

All that said... Was it a good read?

I've enjoyed the overall story so far.

HNutz wrote:How did Jarvis keep his memories?

That point wasn't clear. He just woke from his coma and had them. Since what I transcribed was the last three pages of this issue I can only assume that the characters will start to get into that in the issue that come out tomorrow.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Magic Sam wrote:Grayson has spoken! ;)

he's usually correct.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:he's usually correct.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 pm

BOOSH!!

Because Jarvis is the most superduperest character ever.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Stephen Day wrote:That point wasn't clear. He just woke from his coma and had them. Since what I transcribed was the last three pages of this issue I can only assume that the characters will start to get into that in the issue that come out tomorrow.

Issue #684 didn't answer this question directly, but gave some information that does allow for some educated guesses.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Voyager described her how powers work this issue:

"the power of teleportation, yes, but not just the ability to move through space; the power to move through memories themselves and settle afterimages there unquestioned."

By this description it seems like the memory alterations that Voyager can create have to be done on a single individual at a time. That creates a couple of possibilities for why Jarvis' memories weren't affected. The first is that because Jarvis was in a coma when the Avengers' memories were changed Voyager couldn't get into his memories while he was in that state. The second and simpler one is that she simply overlooked him.

leave a comment with facebook