Friday, December 14, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Matt Ryan Really Hoping Legends Of Tomorrow Gets Renewed As He Moves To Series Regular

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 am

Matt Ryan Really Hoping Legends Of Tomorrow Gets Renewed As He Moves To Series Regular

The CW has yet to renew the show for a fourth season.

Source: Deadline

If Legends of Tomorrow gets renewed for a fourth season, Matt Ryan will be fully along the ride as he transitions to a series regular. That's a big if as The CW has yet to announce a renewal for the show.

Ryan plays John Constantine on the ensemble show, having reprised his role from the titular NBC show Constantine for three episodes during the third season. He previously portrayed the character on Arrow last season as well.

In keeping with Ryan's luck as the character though it's more likely that Legends of Tomorrow will get the axe, as Constantine was cancelled after one season.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 am

That's a big if as The CW has yet to announce a renewal for the show.

Is it THAT big of an If, though?

CW hasn't announced any show renewals yet, IIRC.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 am

HNutz wrote:

Yeah, I'd want to know what the comparative ratings to the other shows are before making that pronouncement. Of all the CW Arrowverse shows, (and BL as well), it's the most fun and best pure comic book show.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:39 am

HNutz wrote:

I hope it gets renewed, but this is the cw. Good decisions, you know?

karmakaze

Mad Hatter

Postby karmakaze » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 am

I would easily give up all the other DC shows to keep Legends of Tomorrow if given the choice.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 am

I might try to negotiate for Black Lightning in that scenario

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:11 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:I might try to negotiate for Black Lightning in that scenario

That's gonna depend on the season finale for me. It has been good to the point of keepable so far, but I'm skeptical on how it continues depending on what happens to Tobias. The secret governmental agency angle doesn't do much for me if that continues past this season, and BL doesn't have any great or even significant villains beyond TW and the 100, and I don't particularly want them stealing away any other good villains to borrow for this show if it stays outside the rest of the Arrowverse as they keep claiming.

Johnnie Torch

cheese

Postby Johnnie Torch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Eh...it's the CW. Home of the "10 seasons for all" motto. I doubt the ratings are that poor. If I remember correctly they DID announce Arrow & Flash are confirmed for renewal. Everything else has been tabled till probably May.

If I had to lose one, probably BL. I've enjoyed it thus far, but I haven't gotten as "emotionally attached" to it as the others. And like Chap said, they really need to introduce some comic heavies if the show isn't gonna become stale.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Johnnie Torch wrote:Eh...it's the CW. Home of the "10 seasons for all" motto. I doubt the ratings are that poor. If I remember correctly they DID announce Arrow & Flash are confirmed for renewal. Everything else has been tabled till probably May.

LOT has better 18-49 ratings than Arrow. Pretty unlikely that it'll be cancelled.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-the-cw-week-25-no-changes-for-supernatural-the-flash-not-even-dynasty/

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 pm

I will give it a few watches once he joins the crew... if I continue to find him too irritating... I will have to think about whether I can carry on watching this show. Which is a shame... as I really enjoy LoT. :| :-(

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:36 pm

My only issue is "the temptation to use the waverider to save Astra" storyline is so obvious and so played out it could be difficult to avoid.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Ryan's casting could provide an in for Dr. Fate and The Spectre....if CW chooses, as they both sorta appeared in his series on Fox, now conveniently available for Pizza Dog's pleasure on CWSeed.... :wink:

How's about a story arc where Mick puts on the Helm of Nabu? I can see ALL sorts of possibilities there...

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:20 pm

achilles wrote:Ryan's casting could provide an in for Dr. Fate and The Spectre....if CW chooses, as they both sorta appeared in his series on Fox, now conveniently available for Pizza Dog's pleasure on CWSeed.... :wink:

How's about a story arc where Mick puts on the Helm of Nabu? I can see ALL sorts of possibilities there...

I was watching Lucifer via Amazon Prime and after the episodes I had Constantine recommended to me to watch...

... I was like...

:smt097 :smt097

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Pizza Dog wrote:
I was watching Lucifer via Amazon Prime and after the episodes I had Constantine recommended to me to watch...

... I was like...

:smt097 :smt097

Just out of curiosity, how is Lucifer? I know it doesn't follow the Vertigo series really at all, but does it stand on it's own?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:53 pm

achilles wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how is Lucifer? I know it doesn't follow the Vertigo series really at all, but does it stand on it's own?

I haven't watched it lately, but I liked it last time I caught it.

leave a comment with facebook