Friday, December 14, 2018 • Evening Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Interesting thing is the stories in here are from the 60s and 70s and they say a Great Disaster happened in 1986 the same year Crisis on Infinite Earths takes place. Makes you wonder.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Spider-Gwen Vol. 1: Greater Power - Its been so long since I read the previous volume of this series, that I genuinely forgot what I liked about it and what I didn't like about it. I do remember commenting that this volume would have to be strong to inspire me to continue the series. If I'm being honest, it just wasn't there. I love parallel world stories and I really like the idea of Spider-Gwen. Some of her supporting cast are interesting parallels of their regular continuity counterparts but the writing and the art just aren't my cup of tea.

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm

If trades count, The Wildstorm Volume 1 and Daytripper. I consider Daytripper one of the top 25 GNs I've read in the last half century + 1.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Magic Sam wrote:If trades count, The Wildstorm Volume 1 and Daytripper. I consider Daytripper one of the top 25 GNs I've read in the last half century + 1.

Trades definitely count. 8)

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:16 pm

This is my wish list. Are any of them good?

The Originals
by Dave Gibbons (Paperback)

The Name of the Game
by Will Eisner (Paperback)

American Born Chinese
by Gene Luen Yang, Gene Luen Yang (Paperback)

Through the Woods
by Emily Carroll, Emily Carroll (Paperback)

Wilson
by Daniel Clowes (Paperback)

Nimona
by Noelle Stevenson, Noelle Stevenson (Hardcover)

Saga Volume 9
by Brian K Vaughan, Fiona Staples (Paperback)

Top Ten: The Forty-Niners (Top 10)
by Alan Moore, Gene Ha (Paperback)

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:27 pm

I just ordered Top Ten: The Forty-Niners (Top 10) Paperback – March 22, 2006 by Alan Moore (Author),‎ Gene Ha (Author). Is it good?

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Magic Sam wrote:This is my wish list. Are any of them good?

American Born Chinese: Pretty good. I like how all three stories are interconnected and the first story makes me want to read 'Journey to the West'.

Wilson: I've flipped through it. It looks descent.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:14 pm

The Autumnlands Vol. 2: Woodland Creatures

I fell out of reading this a while back, and I was hesitant about liking this after a long gap from volume 1. It took some patience, but I ended up enjoying this. At it's best, this is a nice mix of fantasy with Kirby-inspired sci-fi. The art ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

Superb vol. 1

The best overall book from Lion Forge's superhero that I've read...so far. The art has too many cooks in the kitchen, but it's workable and is inspired enough to give the heroes some personality and fresh looks. The writing does a good job of making the characters relatable, and distinct. There could be more done to push these characters further, but this is a solid base to build on.

Rocket Vol. 1: The Blue River Score

I almost did a review on this, and I couldn't end this post without gushing about it. Is it an essential buy? I can't go that far. What I will say is that it's one of the most original comics from Marvel in 2017, and it's the best Rocket Raccoon story that I've ever read. From the lettering to the lettering, solid work all around. It's entertaining, and at times....touching. Worth a read.

Typhoon_October

Whippersnapper

Postby Typhoon_October » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:15 am

I've finally gotten my hands on the latest number of Black Powder, Red Earth. Next objective, to find The White Donkey.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:41 pm

The Death of Superman - Easily one of the oldest trade paperbacks in my collection. No matter how many times I read it, the ending still gets me every time. :cry:

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:35 pm

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Just read Our World at War Complete edition trade I picked up for 6 bucks. I wanted a fun Superman story.

I'm glad I only paid $6 because it was by no means the complete collection. It didn't include almost any of the one to two issue stories telling what others like Flash or the JSA did in the war.

Before that I read Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1. It's part of my long term plan to mostly replace my sizable Marvel Essential collections with colorized trades. I got a good deal on this one it was worth it as that team will always be my favorite X-Men crew.

leave a comment with facebook