Sunday, May 27, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

PENNYWORTH.. The Series?!?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Apparently a prequel series about Alfred Pennyworth has been green lit for the EPIX Channel. It's being done by Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, the two behind Gotham, but has no connection to Gotham.

From the article:
"Pennyworth follows Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier who forms a security company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne, Bruce’s billionaire father, in 1960’s London. Production will begin later this year, with a series premiere slated for 2019."

I honestly just don't know what to make of it.

I don't know why we're getting shows about Bruce Wayne as a kid or Superman's granddaddy or Clark Kent as a highschooler instead of a show about Batman and/or Superman

Thoughts?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 pm

HNutz wrote:Apparently a prequel series about Alfred Pennyworth has been green lit for the EPIX Channel.

Y'know, of all the supporting characters there are in comics who absolutely don’t need an origin/backstory, Alfred does actually have by far the coolest one. Dude’s a trained Shakespearean thespian, decorated war vet/army medic, he’s got a daughter he never knew, then followed the family business into becoming a gentleman’s gentleman for Thomas Wayne. Depending on the direction they take, that could be good.

Wait, what's that you say?

It's being done by Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, the two behind Gotham,

Oh. Well nope. Nope nope nope NOPE.

]but has no connection to Gotham.

Yeah, even so...still nope.

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Wed May 16, 2018 2:37 pm

I am waiting for them to do a TV show about the pool guy who works at Wayne Manor who is revealed to have been a former CIA agent before Bruce became Batman. Or better yet, the janitor who works at Wayne Tech will have his own show where he was an FBI operative in his earlier days before falling on hard times and ending up working for Bruce Wayne.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed May 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Eh. I wouldn't diss the thought of an Alfred series in general, but based on the creative types involved, nope. Now if someone ELSE, someone good, were to do it, I'd be happy to see the guy from Gotham reprise his role; HE can act, and I know he can do a badass Alfred. In fact, there are probably a lot of Brit actors who can pull it off. But as is, no.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed May 16, 2018 3:20 pm

I'd like to see a TV show about Bob Wayne, a distant relative of Bruce. While Bruce is travelling the globe to become Batman, we will accompany Bob's journey to become an insurance salesman in the most dangerous neighborhoods of Gotham.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed May 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Draco x wrote:I am waiting for them to do a TV show about the pool guy who works at Wayne Manor who is revealed to have been a former CIA agent before Bruce became Batman. Or better yet, the janitor who works at Wayne Tech will have his own show where he was an FBI operative in his earlier days before falling on hard times and ending up working for Bruce Wayne.

I'd also like to see "Paul", a TV show about the gardener formerly responsible for the maintenance of Wayne Manor's gardens, now trying to get into the business of hydroponic cannabis cultivation after the death of his employers.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Spacedog wrote:I'd like to see a TV show about Bob Wayne, a distant relative of Bruce. While Bruce is travelling the globe to become Batman, we will accompany Bob's journey to become an insurance salesman in the most dangerous neighborhoods of Gotham.

That was powerless, and Van Wayne is the man

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Wed May 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
That was powerless, and Van Wayne is the man

I completely forgot this TV show ever existed.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed May 16, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm trying to see this as a good idea, I really am.

RobThompson

Flying Mongoose

Postby RobThompson » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm

HNutz wrote:Apparently a prequel series about Alfred Pennyworth has been green lit for the EPIX Channel. It's being done by Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, the two behind Gotham, but has no connection to Gotham.

From the article:
"Pennyworth follows Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier who forms a security company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne, Bruce’s billionaire father, in 1960’s London. Production will begin later this year, with a series premiere slated for 2019."

I honestly just don't know what to make of it.

I don't know why we're getting shows about Bruce Wayne as a kid or Superman's granddaddy or Clark Kent as a highschooler instead of a show about Batman and/or Superman

Thoughts?

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm

:lol:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

Spacedog wrote:I completely forgot this TV show ever existed.

How could you forget Adam West's last performance? :smt011

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

At any rate I'll let you know how it is. It could be cool.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Spy TV shows are seeing a resurgence due to current shows on Netflix, BBC and HBO. This one also has the hook of being connected to the Batman universe. It could be a hit. Comic fans shot down "Gotham" too but that's going into it's fifth season. I don't know if another "Superman" or "Batman" TV series would be all that successful at this point.
Personally I like "Gotham" and "Krypton" because they focus on the background and supporting characters of these titles. Alfred is one of the coolest supporting characters in the DCU.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Spy TV shows are seeing a resurgence due to current shows on Netflix, BBC and HBO. This one also has the hook of being connected to the Batman universe. It could be a hit. Pretentious Bat Purists shot down "Gotham" too but that's going into it's fifth season. I don't know if another "Superman" or "Batman" TV series would be all that successful at this point.
Personally I like "Gotham" and "Krypton" because they focus on the background and supporting characters of these titles. Alfred is one of the coolest supporting characters in the DCU.

Still the greatest comic show. :lol: :smt005 :lol:

leave a comment with facebook