Sunday, December 16, 2018 • Evening Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Cartoon Network Lets Loose With 'ThunderCats Roar'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri May 18, 2018 6:24 pm

ThunderCats, Ho---ly Shee--! What is THAT?!

Source: Cartoon Network bringing back ThunderCats for new animated series

In 1985 the world was introduced to ThunderCats, the animated adventures of a humanoid feline team on their new home named Third Earth, battling the evil Mutants of Plun-Darr. The show lasted for four seasons and had tie in comics, toys and other collectibles. In 2011, there was a revival of the series and it was actually… decent, but sadly only lasted a single season. There were plans for a second, but it never materialized.

Well, it looks like Cartoon Network is ready to give ThunderCats another go, but it looks like a very different take on our feline heroes. The setting is largely the same, but its a comedic take on the property, a ThunderCats Go, rather than a ThunderCats, Ho.

Here is how the new show is described:

"Staying true to the premise of the original series, Lion-O and the ThunderCats — Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykat, and Wilykit — barely escape the sudden destruction of their home world, Thundera, only to crash land on the mysterious and exotic planet of Third Earth. Lion-O, the newly appointed Lord of the ThunderCats, attempts to lead the team as they make this planet their new home. A bizarre host of creatures and villains stand in their way, including the evil Mumm-Ra, Third Earth's wicked ruler who will let nothing, including the ThunderCats, stop his tyrannical reign over the planet."

Here's a behind-the-scenes featurette for ThunderCats Roar:

thundercatsroarkeyart.jpgThunderCats Roar key art

The final format for the cartoon has not been revealed. ThunderCats Roar is expected on the network in 2019.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm

"Love and respect for the original"? Ugh.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Fri May 18, 2018 8:10 pm

And I thought the new upcoming TMNT cartoon looked like trash.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri May 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Sometimes... Dead is better.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 am

When I get my hands on a time travel machine, I am going to find out who came up with this current trend for ultra-deformed characters (this, SU, AT, TTG etc) and I am going to go shoot their grandfather in the crotch.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Sat May 19, 2018 2:00 pm

karmakaze

Mad Hatter

Postby karmakaze » Mon May 21, 2018 2:39 am

Is that a squirrel on that guy's head?

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 am

I cannot imagine fans of the original will be at all pleased with this.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon May 21, 2018 1:41 pm

We aren't

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Mon May 21, 2018 2:03 pm

RobThompson wrote:I cannot imagine fans of the original will be at all pleased with this.

According to a friend or two of mine on another forum, the people at "Roar" have already been getting some nasty death threats and the like. And this has made said friends, though dissatisfied with these preliminary as much as anyone, ultimately side with the show.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:When I get my hands on a time travel machine, I am going to find out who came up with this current trend for ultra-deformed characters (this, SU, AT, TTG etc) and I am going to go shoot their grandfather in the crotch.

Here's hoping that before they issue Time Travel Licenses they filter out women with irrational aggressive issues towards men.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:13 pm

SporkBot wrote:
According to a friend or two of mine on another forum, the people at "Roar" have already been getting some nasty death threats and the like. And this has made said friends, though dissatisfied with these preliminary as much as anyone, ultimately side with the show.

Death threats. Yeah, that's a reasonable response.

:roll:

leave a comment with facebook