Saturday, October 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 am

I watched Sparrow last night. Well acted movie, I’m always critical of people’s russian accents, but overall very well done.

JLaw’s character got caught up in some crazy shite.

Trying not to carkey the movie. Definitely worth a watch.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 am

carkey wrote:I watched Sparrow last night. Well acted movie, I’m always critical of people’s russian accents, but overall very well done.

JLaw’s character got caught up in some crazy shite.

Trying not to carkey the movie. Definitely worth a watch.

Russian accent? I think you mean Russian accented English. Why are people who live in Russia trying to speak English to each other? Are they speaking all speaking English as a second language or are we supposed to imagine they are really speaking Russian, even though sometimes they switch between the two languages? Probably the greatest mystery of the movie.

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm

That’s exactly what I meant! In every movie they always have Russian characters speaking English with a heavy accent.

It’s never great.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 20, 2018 7:09 pm

carkey wrote:That’s exactly what I meant! In every movie they always have Russian characters speaking English with a heavy accent.

It’s never great.

That's true for every foreign country in an English language film. They always speak English with terrible accents. It doesn't matter If they are German, Russian, Mexican, Chinese, etc. If you watch a foreign language film they typically have people who speak English continue to speak their own language, but with subtitles. We drop authenticity for simplicity for the viewer. The German accents in our films are usually just as bad as the Russian ones. They sound like Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon May 21, 2018 12:16 am

Ah, the 60's. I'm finishing up Shalako and it's pretty good. The opening theme song is really cheesy, the characters all die dramatically, and there's a final fight and Connery's stunt double doesn't even have the same hair. The best part is when they're waiting for the impending Indian attack and Brigitte Bardot is topless, apparently bathing her breasts. Of course Connery has to have sex with her because there's no better way to prepare for an attack.

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Mon May 21, 2018 12:47 am

Finally saw Deadpool 2. Highly recommend it, if you enjoyed the first one. If you didn’t like the original, you may want to pass on this one.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon May 21, 2018 2:05 am

carkey wrote:Finally saw Deadpool 2. Highly recommend it, if you enjoyed the first one. If you didn’t like the original, you may want to pass on this one.

Spoilers or you didn't watch it. Plus Vader says you spend every waking moment playing Contest of Champions.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Ah, the 60's. I'm finishing up Shalako and it's pretty good. The opening theme song is really cheesy, the characters all die dramatically, and there's a final fight and Connery's stunt double doesn't even have the same hair. The best part is when they're waiting for the impending Indian attack and Brigitte Bardot is topless, apparently bathing her breasts. Of course Connery has to have sex with her because there's no better way to prepare for an attack.

Ahhhhh. True love I bet. :smt007

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon May 21, 2018 5:47 am

Watched suburbicon and 7500 last night. 7500 is just disjointed. It has the young brother from true blood in it. It feels like an attempt to redo a Japanese film that was probably good.

Suburbicon is just odd. I know that it has deeper social meaning. I know. Just an odd film.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Mon May 21, 2018 9:17 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Spoilers or you didn't watch it. Plus Vader says you spend every waking moment playing Contest of Champions.

He’s probably playing right now

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 am

Oh! I can carkey the shit out of it for you, but I won’t.

Great surprise villain that wasn’t promoted in the trailers, plus you have to stay to the very end credits, just for the song. It’s great!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon May 21, 2018 11:41 am

Sarahroo wrote:Ahhhhh. True love I bet. :smt007

He tried to make sweet love to her earlier, but she said no. He asked her what would happen if he just took what he wanted. :smt007

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Mon May 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Just noticed that Superman the movie the original that I have on Vudu and is warner bros appears not to be in MA and therefore in iTunes?
Is this just me or is the first Superman not porting to MA for some licensing reason or something?

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 am

Watched Wonderstruck last night. Very darling movie. Almost no dialogue so you have to pay VERY close attention to the movie. Very touching.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue May 22, 2018 5:32 pm

6,000+ movies and Vader still always goes to the superhero well. His complete dedication to the genre has inspired me. I got in three superhero Blu-rays today.

The Japanese Blade trilogy.
The Chinese Fantastic Four.
Civil War era Gotham City Sirens.

leave a comment with facebook