Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

After Short Hiatus, Supergirl Gets New Creative Team

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 am

achilles wrote:
Well, I'm not with that hood, (is it a hood), for aesthetic reasons as well as practical, but the black has tradition, both Superman and Power Girl have worn versions of a black costume with a silver "S". Black seems to work well with the blonde characters.
Plus, you knew SG the comic book wasn't going to stay dead. It wasn't selling huge, but it was selling well above the levels of other books that have been cancelled, and of course Cyborg, which apparently is selling very far under cancellation levels, (which makes you wonder why they're keeping it, especially since it does this every time they reboot it).

As for the storyline, it sounds fine, I just wish they'd reboot the Power Girl solo with classic PG instead of that imposter, and give her the space beat instead of SG. I mean, given that the PG solo never sold even close to as bad as Cyborg, and could easily match SG if given the right team and direction, (instead of the no direction as all thing it had), why not reboot her?

But as for SG itself, it sounds fine. They were never going there with the TV show though; they want their CW soap relationship drama, and it would be far too expensive. And, I have to admit that given the character's limitations on TV, she's not that natural her comic book counterpart is in a space adventure arc.

Why is that DC has so much trouble designing cool costumes? As usual Supergirl fares one of the worse - stumbling from one bad design to the next.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue May 22, 2018 8:50 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Fear not, fans: :D

Here's two other designs that were previewed.

I'm a fan of the current outfit, though.

The one with the skirt is nice. The one on the right sucks big time.

"Yellow suns"? Doesn't she basically use ANY color sun other than red? I mean I can recall issues from previous SG runs where she gets supercharged under a trinary star system where the stars are blue-white rather than yellow.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 am

I look forward to trying this out around Christmastime when Comixology drops the price to .99 an issue for their big year-end sale, just to see the purty Kevin Maguire art. Other than that, meh.

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 pm

I'm glad I'm not attached to DiDio-era DC anymore, so I can continue to ignore crap like this.

leave a comment with facebook