Friday, September 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Levi Previews His 'Shazam!' Costume

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon May 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Yeah, looks like the Big Red Cheese… with drink.

Source: zacharylevi Instagram feed

Well, we saw the official logo for the upcoming Shazam! film, but we haven't seen any official photos of the character himself (yes, yes there are "spy" shots of the actor in costume floating around the web). Though it is not a full reveal, Shazam! star  Zachary Levi did give the world a preview of the hero costume (apparently on display at the Licensing show at Las Vegas) on his Instagram feed… and it's largely what one would expect it to look like in this day and age:

shazamcostumelevi1stlook.jpgZachary Levi stands in front of a Shazam! movie image

Levi commented on his image:

"This! This is what dreams are made of. Complete and total wish fulfillment, plus a beverage! All the squeees."

Now the burning question, just what is Shazam (yeah, yeah Captain Marvel) drinking? It certainly isn't chocolate egg cream…

We're sure we'll see more of this costume before the film appears onscreen April 5, 2019.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Cool!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 am

I like it. :smt023

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue May 22, 2018 1:59 am

What's up with all that color?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:What's up with all that color?

I don't know but that arc reactor is oddly shaped.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Tue May 22, 2018 6:30 am

That doesn't look like Fred MacMurray at all

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 am

Looks right, except for the hoodie.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue May 22, 2018 7:44 am

Love it!

Can't believe that I'm about to say this about a DC film but...I can't wait! :shock:

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

The costume is too generic. CM has a unique look.

And the actor looks like Greg Brady.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue May 22, 2018 8:23 am

RobThompson wrote:Looks right, except for the hoodie.

The costume's fine, except as you say for the hoodie. Doubt I'll see this though unless it gets really good reviews, as he's not one of my favorite characters.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue May 22, 2018 8:23 am

sdsichero wrote:I don't know but that arc reactor is oddly shaped.

Yeah I'm not a fan of glowing chest but it doesn't look too bad....so far

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue May 22, 2018 8:48 am

achilles wrote:
The costume's fine, except as you say for the hoodie. Doubt I'll see this though unless it gets really good reviews, as he's not one of my favorite characters.

I like Captain Marvel more than I like Superman. This is a must see for me.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 am

I would have liked to see a more traditional take on the costume, but I think they did a good job adapting it. The first official footage will give us a better idea about how the costume will look in the film.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this film. It looks radically different from everything that was established in the shared DCU so far - which I think is a really good thing.

But I can't see how they will merge this kind of film with the sensibilities of the "snyderverse". (Not that I care about the concept of a shared DCU at this point. DC need good films much more than they need 'interconnectedness').

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 am

Spacedog wrote:I would have liked to see a more traditional take on the costume, but I think they did a good job adapting it. The first official footage will give us a better idea about how the costume will look in the film.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this film. It looks radically different from everything that was established in the shared DCU so far - which I think is a really good thing.

But I can't see how they will merge this kind of film with the sensibilities of the "snyderverse". (Not that I care about the concept of a shared DCU at this point. DC need good films much more than they need 'interconnectedness').

I think that WB should just pretend the Snyderverse never existed.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 am

achilles wrote:
I think that WB should just pretend the Snyderverse never existed.

Flashpointed :shock:

leave a comment with facebook