Sunday, July 22, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Tue May 22, 2018 9:26 am

Spacedog wrote:Good ol' uzz000. I can always rely on his balanced evaluations.

*Except for that one time in which he persuaded me to read the Rob Liefeld comic book about Jesus vs the Greek pantheon.
Image
Image

My eyes.. my eyes..

It hurts through to the very back of my soul.

Do the decent thing and [blackout] that shit in future
User avatar

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 am

Spacedog wrote:Good ol' uzz000. I can always rely on his balanced evaluations.

*Except for that one time in which he persuaded me to read the Rob Liefeld comic book about Jesus vs the Greek pantheon.
Image
Image


You said you wanted a comic about the evolution of human religion juxtaposed with an action movie, but no panels wasted on showing people's feet.

Some people are never happy :roll:
User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 am

I kinda wanna see Jesus fight the greek pantheon now...
User avatar

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Did Lando Calrissian ever slept with a Escavaryan? They have needles for teeth.
Image
User avatar

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue May 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:I kinda wanna see Jesus fight the greek pantheon now...

Image
User avatar

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:I kinda wanna see Jesus fight the greek pantheon now...

Me too, but I'm sure as hell not risking warped anatomy, "art" by the uncredited interns of a hack "big name" and linguistic fuckwittery like "thee has yet to" in order to see it!
User avatar

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue May 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Anna Torv is so sexy.
Image


Image
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Spacedog wrote:Image


One of my favourite scenes in any Adam Sandler film whatsoever.



I admit there aren't many of them at all. ;)
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Tue May 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:There is no god, Howard Mackie comics are getting reprinted: https://www.amazon.com/Mutant-Complete- ... XP5XHMECT9



Could be worse. It could be Terry Kavanagh comics. It could be a deluxe over-sized hardcover edition of the complete "The Crossing" event.
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Tue May 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Brian Wood had a decent run on the adjectiveless X-Men book, but he had a really good run on Ultimate X-Men, he wrote the first Ultimate universe comics series that was enjoyable since the whole Ultimatum/Jeph Loeb catastrophe.
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Tue May 22, 2018 2:01 pm

In regards to Brubaker's X-Men run, I'm sorry to say, but after having read his X-Men, his Authority etc.. he is a fantastic writer, writing books that deal with a small group of characters and have a protagonist.

His writing, when trying to handle a team just never gets up to his usual standards.

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Tue May 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:

Could be worse. It could be Terry Kavanagh comics. It could be a deluxe over-sized hardcover edition of the complete "The Crossing" event.


BLASPHEMY!
User avatar

Neurotic Moose

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Neurotic Moose » Tue May 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:In regards to Brubaker's X-Men run, I'm sorry to say, but after having read his X-Men, his Authority etc.. he is a fantastic writer, writing books that deal with a small group of characters and have a protagonist.

His writing, when trying to handle a team just never gets up to his usual standards.

Which is exactly what I said in one of my posts on the subject, of course it doesn't reach the highs of him at his best, but a lower tier Brubaker book is still a damn fine comic, especially when we're talking X-men comics of the last 15 years. His run also works better in the context of the huge tapestry that was the War of Kings crossover (the omnibus of which was where I first read much of his run), which was an epic crossover, and one of the few examples of Marvel doing a crossover right alongside the two Annihilation events.

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Spacedog wrote:Anna Torv is so sexy.
Image


Image


Context please? That is, where's this from? I only remember her from sporadically watching Fringe.
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Neurotic Moose wrote:Which is exactly what I said in one of my posts on the subject, of course it doesn't reach the highs of him at his best, but a lower tier Brubaker book is still a damn fine comic, especially when we're talking X-men comics of the last 15 years. His run also works better in the context of the huge tapestry that was the War of Kings crossover (the omnibus of which was where I first read much of his run), which was an epic crossover, and one of the few examples of Marvel doing a crossover right alongside the two Annihilation events.


So, I did not say that you didn't mention this, am I not allowed to have a similar opinion?

Also, I think all Abnett/Lanning helmed cosmic events were among the best Marvel has done in decades.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chessack, Grayson, StrongStyleFiction and 50 guests