Sunday, September 23, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Three

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:44 am

I get how this is "Supergirl" (not "Superman" or "Supergirl, Martian Manhunters, Guardian and the Legion of Super-Heroes") and they don't want Supergirl to run to someone else to solve her problems.

But, if you're going to establish other superpowers beings in your show, it would be nice if you explained why they weren't helping to resolve the conflict.

The Martians are doing a Martian mind-meld when the Dark Kryptonians land? Okay.

You want Superman unavailable when Kara goes to Argo/the Worldkillers attack? Fine. Just give us a quick line or two telling us why.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:07 am

HNutz wrote:You want Superman unavailable when Kara goes to Argo/the Worldkillers attack? Fine. Just give us a quick line or two telling us why.

Which they were smart enough to know they had to do in Season 1. But now after showing him 4 times in season 2, they don't seem to think they need to address it at all anymore.

I mean they could have done like you say. Winn or a DEO agent could have shouted out, "There are earthquakes and storms across Europe. Superman's there -- he just stopped the Eiffel tower from collapsing." Then another shouts, "I have Sueprman on long range comm. He's asking if we need him back here or if he should stay there." Supergirl could then say "Tell him to keep saving lives. I'll handle this."

And it's done. Superman's out there saving lives. Supergirl's here fighting villains.

But they couldn't spare 30 seconds to do this so now everyone is wondering where the heck is he?

It's been very sloppy this year. They simply do not care at all to make the story follow logically from episode to episode. They have no "rules" at all so they just keep making stuff up and changing it as they go. They make zero effort to keep things consistent from week to week or heck even within an episode.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 am

It's been very sloppy this year. They simply do not care at all to make the story follow logically from episode to episode. They have no "rules" at all so they just keep making stuff up and changing it as they go. They make zero effort to keep things consistent from week to week or heck even within an episode.

But...but...we need to know about Alex's struggles with parenthood & how Ruby might have been her only chance...her only chance!!! and how Alzheimers is affecting J'onn's relationship with his father, by gawd man they just found each other.

Granted things are coming apart..like buildings, the planet, the storyline ..and yes i asume people are dying ( like thats ever been important at DC), but ultimately is that more relevant than knowing if Kara and Mon-L are going to get back together?

I think not...you folks need to get your priorities straight.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 am

I feel like the Supergirl TV show is like a mirror of sorts to the Superman movies.

The first season was their version of the Donner movies.
Now, we're up to Man of Steel.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 am

Chessack wrote:
Which they were smart enough to know they had to do in Season 1. But now after showing him 4 times in season 2, they don't seem to think they need to address it at all anymore.

I mean they could have done like you say. Winn or a DEO agent could have shouted out, "There are earthquakes and storms across Europe. Superman's there -- he just stopped the Eiffel tower from collapsing." Then another shouts, "I have Sueprman on long range comm. He's asking if we need him back here or if he should stay there." Supergirl could then say "Tell him to keep saving lives. I'll handle this."

And it's done. Superman's out there saving lives. Supergirl's here fighting villains.

But they couldn't spare 30 seconds to do this so now everyone is wondering where the heck is he?

You know, we need that 30 seconds to watch Alex browsing the buy a kid website...

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:12 am

achilles wrote:
You know, we need that 30 seconds to watch Alex browsing the buy a kid website...

30 seconds here, 30 seconds there...

Apparently adopting a kid is pretty similar to adopting a dog or cat...

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am

Draco x wrote:Agreed. I was expecting that with Season 3 they would have done more with Morgan Edge as they were hyping him as one of the main villains of the season alongside Reign but I am guessing they are going to bring him back for Season 4 most likely. The interesting thing is that Adrian Pasdar was one of the few good things about Season 3 as the bickering between him and Lena was golden. Also, the decision to not use Superman( Who is DC's flagship character) was a stupid mistake as he should have shown up in some capacity to deal with Reign and the Worldkillers. The other thing missing is whatever happened to CADMUS as only Lilian showed up but no Henshaw or Jeremiah are around as they also should have appeared to deal with Reign but again no-show. I know we got Legion Of Super-Heroes but there were a lot of stuff they could have added to make Season 3 much better but didn't.

Isn't Lillian back in jail? I thought CADMUS was disbanded last season when they were branded as terrorists.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 am

Maybe they realized "I am cyborg superman" was dumber than Iris being leader

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

HNutz wrote:
30 seconds here, 30 seconds there...

Apparently adopting a kid is pretty similar to adopting a dog or cat...

Yeah, but it's the spaying/neutering part that really costs. They just don't have those free days as often for kids as for dogs and cats...

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Isn't Lillian back in jail? I thought CADMUS was disbanded last season when they were branded as terrorists.

She can't be, I just saw her on my local news promoting some stage musical... :P

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Maybe they realized "I am cyborg superman" was dumber than Iris being leader

There is nothing dumber than Iris being leader.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 am

If we're playing the what happened game, where is my blind Non redemption arc

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Maybe they realized "I am cyborg superman" was dumber than Iris being leader

IvCNuB4 wrote:There is nothing dumber than Iris being leader.

I wish "WE are the Flash/I'm the leader!" lasted as long as "I am Cyborg Superman!".

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:53 am

HNutz wrote:I feel like the Supergirl TV show is like a mirror of sorts to the Superman movies.

The first season was their version of the Donner movies.
Now, we're up to Man of Steel.

It's a good analogy but this is season 3 so we're up to Superman III, right? Next season would be the Superman Returns version. Then, if it keeps going after that, Man of Steel.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am

Chessack wrote:
It's a good analogy but this is season 3 so we're up to Superman III, right? Next season would be the Superman Returns version. Then, if it keeps going after that, Man of Steel.

You forgot one. Calling it now: next year's big bad is totes gonna be Nuclear Man.

leave a comment with facebook