Sunday, December 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Dakota North

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:42 pm

I recently read the Dakota North trade paperback that Marvel put out. I was familiar with the character before reading this, but didn't know a lot about her. I'm definitely more of a fan of hers than I was before.

Anyone else here like this character?

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:51 pm

She's definitely someone I'd like to see showing up more often in the Marvel Universe. I have only vague memories of her original series way back when, but I enjoyed her brief run as a supporting character in the second Daredevil series. I would definitely get behind a hard-boiled Ms. Tree noir P.I. if the powers-that-be wanted to give her a one-shot or mini.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:03 pm

NeverReady wrote:She's definitely someone I'd like to see showing up more often in the Marvel Universe. I have only vague memories of her original series way back when, but I enjoyed her brief run as a supporting character in the second Daredevil series. I would definitely get behind a hard-boiled Ms. Tree noir P.I. if the powers-that-be wanted to give her a one-shot or mini.

The weird thing about the character is that her in her first appearances in her short lived solo series she wasn't hard boiled at all. It was clear that she was a high priced PI, more in the line of Magnum P.I. than anything else. She drove fancy cars, had a staff of three in her two story New York office and had a brother living with her who had no problem flying himself and his model girlfriend to Paris on a whim in one issue.

It was actually a bit of a shock reading her in these adventures and then reading all of her other appearances where it seemed like none of the writers knew that she wasn't supposed to be a hard boiled detective living out of a small office. :smt102

I guess that's what she is now considering that's what she's been in most of her appearances now though.

Having said that though, yeah, I enjoyed those Daredevil stories too.

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
The weird thing about the character is that her in her first appearances in her short lived solo series she wasn't hard boiled at all. It was clear that she was a high priced PI, more in the line of Magnum P.I. than anything else. She drove fancy cars, had a staff of three in her two story New York office and had a brother living with her who had no problem flying himself and his model girlfriend to Paris on a whim in one issue.

It was actually a bit of a shock reading her in these adventures and then reading all of her other appearances where it seemed like none of the writers knew that she wasn't supposed to be a hard boiled detective living out of a small office. :smt102

I guess that's what she is now considering that's what she's been in most of her appearances now though.

Having said that though, yeah, I enjoyed those Daredevil stories too.

Damn. I don't remember any of that beyond the idea that she was somehow involved in the fashion industry. Like I said, vague memories of a series I read over thirty years ago. From the little I recall from the Daredevil stories, she seemed to be more of a street-level P.I. whom Matt Murdock had on retainer and the subject of a brief romance with him. I may have to take a dive into my Daredevil runs to refresh my memories of her.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:01 am

I remember the character and all I can say is that I hopefully she shows up in the MCU Netflix series soon. Chances are they could bring her in the third season of Daredevil or Jessica Jones as one of their acquiantances.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 pm

I vaguely remember buying the mini series maybe I should go back and check it out again, seemed kind of interesting at the time

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:21 pm

I really like Dakota North. I always thought a North, Jones and Drew agency or at least a team up would make a lot of sense. On paper they look like the same character but theres more than enough difference in practice to make things interesting. Draft in patsy, colette and misty and watch the knee jerk crowd explode!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:58 pm

jephd wrote:I really like Dakota North. I always thought a North, Jones and Drew agency or at least a team up would make a lot of sense. On paper they look like the same character but theres more than enough difference in practice to make things interesting. Draft in patsy, colette and misty and watch the knee jerk crowd explode!

I'd buy it

leave a comment with facebook