Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Morning Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Continues To Outsource Comics To IDW

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm

At this rate, Marvel might be nothing but a movie studio!

Source: Press Release

Marvel Comics is continuing their approach of "let other people do the work" when it comes to comics. The Disney-owned company has been releasing Disney comics through Dark Horse and Star Wars comics through IDW for some time now. Showing their ultimate goal of just being a movie studio, Marvel and IDW announced that the two companies will "develop middle-grade comic books designed for younger readers."

In an EXXXCLUSIVE statement, Marvel Editor-In-Chief Akira Yoshida told The Outhouse, "It's so much cheaper to farm these comics out to other publishers. We're actually saving money. I don't know why we didn't think of this sooner."

In another EXXXCLUSIVE statement, IDW President and self-appointed Publisher Greg Goldstein told The Outhouse, "I'm so happy to be working on these characters. Fingers crossed a book with IDW on the spine sells over 15,000 copies. I joke. Even Marvel would be happy with those numbers today.”

Launching in November 2018, the comics and graphic novels will feature such high-profile series as Spider-Man, the Avengers, and Black Panther. Each title will attempt to serve as a jumping on point for younger readers.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Working on a Son of Satan pitch now.

Mac E Tero

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Mac E Tero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Disney did not buy a comic publisher they bought an IP. Marvel could be moving to become an umbrella imprint more than a comic company. The imprint would be licensed out to toy manufacturers, t shirt printers, sticker makers, and publishing houses. The publisher may have to bid on licenses for its former property.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:Disney did not buy a comic publisher they bought an IP. Marvel could be moving to become an umbrella imprint more than a comic company. The imprint would be licensed out to toy manufacturers, t shirt printers, sticker makers, and publishing houses. The publisher may have to bid on licenses for its former property.

I also wouldn't be surprised if IDW or Dark Horse end up being brought out by Disney through Marvel down the road. The downside is that those two may end up like the Malibu or Crossgen if that happens.

leave a comment with facebook