Monday, December 10, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Jesse wrote:Image

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Flamebird wrote:Didn't know that there were real trailers up yet:

Finally, a non-comic book movie that I can't wait to see. This looks awesome! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Seems like Rami Malek did a really good job capturing the mannerisms and style of Freddie Mercury. Impressive.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Windom URL wrote:Hard to believe DisneyCorp has so little faith in MarvelCorp's ability to create comics for kids & market them to kids that they're getting IDW to do it. I mean, it's not that hard to believe but it is pathetic. I do wonder how much that licensing is costing IDW & whether they have to pay up front.

To be fair Marvel are too busy catering to people like us: grown men.

Still I agree with your point. Marvel publishing should be ashamed. The biggest US comics publisher cannot work out how to make comics for kids. So very very sad.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm

uz000 wrote:

Still I agree with your point. Marvel publishing should be ashamed. The biggest US comics publisher cannot work out how to make comics for kids. So very very sad.

I suspect Marvel's management has spent fifteen years promoting anyone who could get more money out of the dysfunctionally abusive retail hell that is the Direct Market and Disney are now realising that the Direct Market overall stopped meaningfully bringing in new non-adult readers... what, 20-odd years ago?

Disney is far too efficient a shark of the entertainment world to put up with that when making money by selling to children is their main business. I presume IDW have some clever plans beyond "try and sell to the same direct market cape fans" and "offer high-end Deluxe Editions for $$$" for making this initiative worth the licensing costs...

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Marvel were given a chance with the imagineer books and spectacularly failed to market them beyond Previews. Even the success of moon girl and squirrel girl seems to be despite David Gabriel rather than because of. Eventually the mouse will no doubt either stripmine marvel for parts or restructure it out of the dying DM, BUT IT SEEMS Perlmutter kept hold of the reins so far!

In other news i stormed my phone interview the other day and now have a face to face tomorrow. In genius mode tonight i made periperi smoked mackerel with vegetables coated in garlic butter. I am a fucking idiot. #stankbreath.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm

uz000 wrote:

They aren't that great at making comics for adults either lol

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 am

uz000 wrote:

Uh huh. The market that's collapsing. Unlike the comics market for young readers which has been growing, just not out of demand for Marvel Comics because there are many other, less myopic, publishers willing to court it.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:41 am

I'm leaning towards the idea that the best thing to emerge from the Trump Presidency so far are these Randy Rainbow videos :D

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 am

Windom URL wrote:
Uh huh. The market that's collapsing. Unlike the comics market for young readers which has been growing, just not out of demand for Marvel Comics because there are many other, less myopic, publishers willing to court it.

*Plaintive arsehole voice*

But Windom! Kids can't be duped into spending a stupid amount of money on an embossed holographic foil-cover limited edition version of this month's Brand New #1 Issue Of WhatTheFuckEver-Man And His UnAmazing Experiences as easily as can the grown men. Plus the grown men have deeper pockets to exploit.

It's almost as if you think long-term strategy and audience retention is more important than trying to rig quarterly results announcements or something. I mean, sheesh. Do you even business, man?

*/plaintive arsehole voice*

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:44 am

On a different note:

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:58 am

Also, enjoy this piece of inspired lunacy:

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:43 am

OMG, the trailer for Titans. Lol.

DC have zero idea how to turn there stuff into live action. No clue.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 am

uz000 wrote:OMG, the trailer for Titans. Lol.

DC have zero idea how to turn there stuff into live action. No clue.

Fuck Batman

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Fuck Batman

We finally know why Batman doesn't sit! :shock:

leave a comment with facebook