Friday, August 17, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' Unleashes Teasers and Viral Marketing!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:53 pm

You know it's SDCC week and a Legendary Pictures Monsterverse movie when the viral marketing is massive!

So, lots of Godzilla: King of the Monsters news to report today at the early kickoff of SDCC. The first is, that a trailer for the movie will be unleashed to the world on Saturday (probably to just accept the fact it'll leak onto the web). The intriguing thing though about this trailer is there will be TWO versions. Yes, TWO. Over at Gomura Island on Facebook, they noticed this little thing on the banner talking about the trailer we'd be getting on Saturday. Note REDBAND and Official:

trailers

Yes, that's right we're getting a RED BAND Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer, along with an official one. What the hell are we gonna see on Saturday? Obviously a nasty violent money shot. 

Since we're on the subject of that title card and banner (which features Millie Bobby Brown's character). Here is that glorious banner and title card in full:

godbanner

godtitle

Note that is THEIR REIGN BEGINS, not that filthy ape who thinks he's king, but really a mere pretender! YOU HEAR ME LORD SIMIAN! KONG IS A PRETENDER! THE TRUE KING WILL DEFEAT HIM IN 2020!!

*ahem* 

Speaking of Millie's character, that factors into our next bit of info that was revealed today with this thrilling teaser featuring her:

Besides all of this, the viral marketing for the movie kicked off in full. Just like the 2014 original, there's a TON to sort thru.  I'm kidding. Literally, I could make another freaking article alone on the viral marketing that was unleashed today. All of starts back is on the Monarch Twitter.

I'll start with the easy one which is the only one on the Twitter feed and that's this radar feed tracking Godzilla:

The first bit of viral marketing on the official website for Monarch are kaiju profiles of all classic Toho monsters who'll be appearing in the movie and the various spots in the world they're located in:

mothra1

mothra2

rodan1

rodan2

thenumberzero1

thenumberzero2

If you look further into the site, there are more detailed profiles accompanied by redone cave drawings from last year's epilogue scene from Kong: Skull Island:

mothra

rodan

ghidorah

Again, the trailer will hit Saturday, but if anything new arrives (and I bet more will). I shall be your dutiful servant to report it. Until then I have only this left to say...

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 am

I do not get the hype over Mothra. I honestly do no understand why so many people are fans of it. But fair enough, different Kaiju for different people. I personally love Gigan and nobody loves Gigan (or Ebirah, when is the Ebirah monster movie coming out, huh?).

However.

You know what I really have no interest in though, like so little interest it actually makes my interest in kaiju movies decrease? Squishy humans. I do not give a shit about Monarch, or little kids calling Monarch. It just makes me think they haven't learned the lesson from the criticism of Edwards 2014 Godzillaless movie.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:22 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:I do not get the hype over Mothra. I honestly do no understand why so many people are fans of it. But fair enough, different Kaiju for different people. I personally love Gigan and nobody loves Gigan (or Ebirah, when is the Ebirah monster movie coming out, huh?).

Gigan is actually one of my favorites.

Then again, I also like Megalon.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote: nobody loves Gigan

Um yeah. I'm gonna say your wrong on that. Gigan is beloved a lot even if he's only appeared in three movies (and one TV show). The creators of Godzilla: Rulers of the Earth comic book loved him and it showed in that. Heck, he shows up in the thrilling finale of Half Century War. Add to that I saw a lot of people bringing Gigan merch to Satsuma this past weekend. Gigan isn't overlooked as you think.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:31 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:
You know what I really have no interest in though, like so little interest it actually makes my interest in kaiju movies decrease? Squishy humans. I do not give a shit about Monarch, or little kids calling Monarch. It just makes me think they haven't learned the lesson from the criticism of Edwards 2014 Godzillaless movie.

The human interest in this one that I've heard about reads like a Godzilla Showa movie. There is a human plot in this, but the monsters forge almost every movement of the plot. The puny humans only get three moments in the film apparently. Just three. Each moment is a call back to a prior Godzilla film.

Monarch are the Nick Fury of this universe, like it or hate it. They're the anchor and experts of the monsters that occupy this universe. And there's a reason why she's a calling given they've already teased something Monarch has to combat the kaiju.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

And who's to say that those four are the only Toho monsters that appear in this film? :twisted: :-D

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:02 am

I personally am more a fan of this creature:

leave a comment with facebook