Monday, December 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

See The Seaho-- Er, Seadragons From The 'Aquaman' Movie

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Dragons are more metal than horses right?

Source: Aquaman exclusive: First close-up look at a massive sea dragon

Yesterday we got a preview of some of the characters from the different undersea kingdoms in the Aquaman movie. What we did not get to see is what many (?) an Aquaman fan is clamoring to see, the main fish's trusty steed, Storm the Seahorse. Storm debuted in Aquaman #23 (1965) and appeared here and there in the comics. People probably get the image of Aquaman on a seahorse (unnamed) more from the Filmation Aquaman cartoons though.

Well, it looks like we won't be getting the ridable seahorses in live-action Aquaman movie, no, we'll be getting something even "better": seadragons! Or "sea dragons" as Entertainment Weekly refers to them. Here's what producer Peter Safran has to say about the change:

"The idea was to turn on its head the idea of Aquaman riding a seahorse, take something for which he was mocked and turn it into something terrifying and impressive"

Note that seahorses and seadragons are in the same family.

In the movie the sea dragons are the rides of people from the Xebel kingdom, like King Nereus (Dolph Lundgren) and Mera (Amber Heard). However, Safran teases:

"He's a Xebellian creature but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Arthur (Jason Momoa) on one at some point…"

aquamanseadragon.jpgSea dragon concept from Aquaman movie

aquamanseadragonsvssharks.jpgXebellian sea dragon riders vs. Atlantean shark riders

Sea Aquaman December 21. More information should be coming ashore this weekend at San Diego Comic-Con.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would be several kinds of awesome! :lol: How many? Several, don't pin me down man. :x

But I will still laugh at Aquabro…. :P

Personally, I think they should just have some self awareness and go with it, play him for laughs. Worked for GoTG and Ant-Man.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:14 pm

I love the look of that :smt007

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:I love the look of that :smt007

This is Noc's ride

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 pm

I have a feeling that this movie is going to be a lot cooler than people (and the haters) think. 8)

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 pm

sdsichero wrote:This is Noc's ride

:smt007 :smt007 Personally, I think they're adorable. Don't love 'em quite so much as Zechs though.... :P

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I have a feeling that this movie is going to be a lot cooler than people (and the haters) think. 8)

I'll take that bet!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:11 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I have a feeling that this movie is going to be a lot cooler than people (and the haters) think. 8)

I think that it's going to be OUTRAGEOUS!

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 am

Haters are people too.
Well anything above zero percent cool and it'll have achieved that. You're not setting a high bar to clear there.

They are still trying to make the character look "badass" with those designs though, which is the antithesis of cool. Give him full on goofy seahorses to ride, and maybe waterski behind some porpoises, then we can talk about cool.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:36 am

Fair enough. I could have worded that "people (including the haters).."

However, now I would like a clarification. A few days ago you said:

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:They actually found a way to make Captain Lives in Fish Pee seem even more ridiculous than the Superfriends version. Well done DC, well done. :smt023 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

So now you think the goofy seahorse riding, porpoise water-skiing "Super-Friends" version is cool? :smt017

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:09 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Fair enough. I could have worded that "people (including the haters).."

However, now I would like a clarification. A few days ago you said:

So now you think the goofy seahorse riding, porpoise water-skiing "Super-Friends" version is cool? :smt017

He's cool because he is dorky and doesn't care, he's not trying to convince everyone he is cool. That is cool.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:47 am

Mera, Queen Of Atlantis #6

Aquaman #38

leave a comment with facebook