Sunday, August 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Marvel & Netflix's 'Iron Fist' Season 2 Street Date Announced

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 pm

When you can see (or avoid) the next season

Source: Marvel & Netflix Announce Release Date for Second Season of ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist

Marvel and Netflix's Iron Fist season 1 was largely met with… well, it wasn't received that well. Since then, the character has appeared in the Defenders ensemble show and most recently in Luke Cage  season 2. Well, whether or not you like the first season, Iron Fist will be back for a second season.

At San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) Iron Fist had its own panel, which apparently showed a bunch of footage that is not yet online. They also announced when you can see season 2 along with a short trailer that is online.

Iron Fist season 2 will be available for binging September 7. Hopefully having a new showrunner onboard will help the show. Will you be watching?

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 am

If they get the same writers from Luke Cage onboard, then Season 2 may be much better. If anyone watched Luke Cage Season 2, they worked miracles by making Finn Jones more likeable as Danny Rand when he appeared on that one episode with Luke Cage.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Are the fight scenes in the show batter than this?

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:55 pm

He was certainly less wooden in Luke Cage season 2, though him showing up out of the blue was a bit awkward. I wonder if that was them testing the waters a bit. "If Danny acts like this instead of vacillating between android and petulant child, would people like him better?"

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:He was certainly less wooden in Luke Cage season 2, though him showing up out of the blue was a bit awkward. I wonder if that was them testing the waters a bit. "If Danny acts like this instead of vacillating between android and petulant child, would people like him better?"

That's pretty much what the idea was as Marvel Studios knew that Finn's portryal as IF wasn't greatly received. Getting rid of Scott Buck and having him being handled by better writers in Luke Cage was their way of acknowledging that at least they're trying to do better with the character, so hopefully Season 2 is a better improvement. This is why I said they should get the same writers from Luke Cage to work on Season 2 of Iron Fist as at least they show that there is hope for the character.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:08 pm

I liked the first series. I'm in.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Great. We can now plan our naps.

leave a comment with facebook