Thursday, November 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Johns To Write New 'Shazam!' Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Continuing the New 52…

Source: Long-Anticipated Shazam Series Arrives This Winter from Johns, Eaglesham

Writer Geoff Johns announced at the Geoff Johns Spotlight panel during San Diego Comic-Con that he would be writing a new Shazam! series for DC. The new series would continue the backup story he started back in 2012 during his run on Justice League in the New 52 years.

The upcoming Shazam! title will feature the main members of the Shazam Family -- Billy Batson (Captain Marvel), Freddy Freeman (Captain Marvel Jr.), and Mary Batson (Mary Marvel) -- plus the extended family of Eugene Choi, Pedro Peña, and Darla Dudley. The latter three were introduced during the Flashpoint event and were eventually given a portion of Captain Marvel's power by Billy. In the new series:

"The Shazam family will try to unlock the secrets of the Rock of Eternity and take its cues from classics like The Phantom Tollbooth."

The book will also have appearances by recognizable guests:

"The book will feature classic villains like Mister Mind and will feature an appearance by the classic Shazam supporting character, the anthropomorphic tiger Tawky Tawny."

Joining Johns on the book will be his collaborator from his Justice Society of America days, artist Dale Eaglesham. Shazam! will bring the thunder November 21, just in time for a small collection for trade when the movie arrives April 2019.

shazam2018cvr.jpgShazam! #1 (2018) cover by Dale Eaglesham

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:59 pm

How long until Captain Marvel....er….Shazam dismembers anyone he doesn't like?

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Every time Johns attaches himself to something I'm just going to post this image in reply:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Dear Johns, please stop.

karmakaze

Mad Hatter

Postby karmakaze » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:17 pm

I hope Black Adam kills all these characters in the first issue and then it's just a Black Adam book.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:14 am

karmakaze wrote:I hope Black Adam kills all these characters in the first issue and then it's just a Black Adam book.

Geoff, is that you?

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:35 am

I can't wait for Billy to say "Fuck Batman" on the first issue.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:51 am

My favorite writer on a Shazam! series? Yay!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:28 am

Reset the counter?

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:13 am

It all depends on which Johns we get. So, feeling lucky? :deadpool

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:14 am

LoganRSA wrote:It all depends on which Johns we get. So, feeling lucky? :deadpool

I have seen Johns write this take on the Marvel Family before. So no, no I am not.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am

chap22 wrote:
I have seen Johns write this take on the Marvel Family before. So no, no I am not.

Yeah, if this truly is the Nu52 family, there's little reason for optimism. :-(

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am

C.C. Beck wept.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:08 am

So. . .

or

:smt017

leave a comment with facebook