Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Pete Tomasi and Doug Mahnke Take Over Detective Comics With #994!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:35 pm

chap22 wrote:
The only people who have ever written Nightwing that well are Dixon and Seeley. And yes I'm leaving Marv out on purpose.

And his very first B&R arc with Nowhere was tremendous. And all the team-up issues between Damian's death and resurrection were pretty damn good too. You've clearly been day drinking again.



Um.. no. It was just extra padding. Tim and Dick's was the only good ones. Barbara's was pointless and Jason's only served to be the point to bring up the crowbar. In fact that's all Tomasi does with Jason. Like reuse that crowbar and death in each of his appearances in the comic. Too repetitive.

I disagree. The Two-Face arc was meh. Ra's was only to say, "Detective". I mean the only good thing I can recall from that run I liked was the banter between Dick/Tim. That's it. Tomasi's Batman runs were that forgettable.

Speaking of that, you haven't mentioned his prior Tec run. This isn't the first time he's stepping into Tec. He wrote a few when Jim was Batman-- and I bet you only remembered that now because I mention it.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Zechs wrote:

Um.. no. It was just extra padding. Tim and Dick's was the only good ones. Barbara's was pointless and Jason's only served to be the point to bring up the crowbar. In fact that's all Tomasi does with Jason. Like reuse that crowbar and death in each of his appearances in the comic. Too repetitive.

I disagree. The Two-Face arc was meh. Ra's was only to say, "Detective". I mean the only good thing I can recall from that run I liked was the banter between Dick/Tim. That's it. Tomasi's Batman runs were that forgettable.

Speaking of that, you haven't mentioned his prior Tec run. This isn't the first time he's stepping into Tec. He wrote a few when Jim was Batman-- and I bet you only remembered that now because I mention it.


Nah, didn't read it. I wasn't about to shell out money for anything that got infected by that idiotic idea from your boy Snyder.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:11 pm

chap22 wrote:
Nah, didn't read it. I wasn't about to shell out money for anything that got infected by that idiotic idea from your boy Snyder.


Jim Gordon as Batcop? Ptf... you missed something alright.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Zechs wrote:
Jim Gordon as Batcop? Ptf... you missed something alright.


I did not.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:04 pm

chap22 wrote:
I did not.


You missed a Bat mech and it was gloriously comic booky.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Zechs wrote:
You missed a Bat mech and it was gloriously comic booky.



Dum.
User avatar

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Well, King is writing a delightful run over in Batman. Be nice if Detective came anywhere near that level of enjoyment.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:08 pm

RobThompson wrote:Well, King is writing a delightful run over in Batman. Be nice if Detective came anywhere near that level of enjoyment.


My god...Bizarro is real!
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 pm

RobThompson wrote:Well, King is writing a delightful run over in Batman. Be nice if Detective came anywhere near that level of enjoyment.

:|

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests