Thursday, October 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: 'Shazam!' Trailer!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28 pm

And I don't know you guys, maybe this was DC's master plan all along. Bombard us with so many utter dogshit movies that throwing a mediocre trying-too-hard trailer like this at us looks like an Oscar nominee by comparison.

I mean, it looks better than any non-WW movie they've put out, but I wouldn't say it necessarily looks good.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm

chap22 wrote:And I don't know you guys, maybe this was DC's master plan all along. Bombard us with so many utter dogshit movies that throwing a mediocre trying-too-hard trailer like this at us looks like an Oscar nominee by comparison.

I mean, it looks better than any non-WW movie they've put out, but I wouldn't say it necessarily looks good.

At this point, I feel like any Captain Marvel story that features Billy Batson acting like a normal human being and not intentionally making little girls cry is a small victory, so I'm taking what I can get. :smt102 :lol: :P

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Yeah, this looks pretty upbeat and about what I want this movie to be.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

This looks to be everything DC movie complainers have asked for.

They will likely still complain about it.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

"You're welcome for not getting robbed". :lol:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Grayson wrote:
At this point, I feel like any Captain Marvel story that features Billy Batson acting like a normal human being and not intentionally making little girls cry is a small victory, so I'm taking what I can get. :smt102 :lol: :P

Valid point. :lol:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:48 pm

RobThompson wrote:This looks to be everything DC movie complainers have asked for.

They will likely still complain about it.

Yessir. 8) :P

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Grayson wrote:Grape Soda though?

As a teenager, when I drank more soda than I do now? Sure, I wouldn't be opposed to grape. Or a grape slushie. Or a mixed slushie with grape in it. Dammit, now I want a slushie.

chap22 wrote:And I don't know you guys, maybe this was DC's master plan all along. Bombard us with so many utter dogshit movies that throwing a mediocre trying-too-hard trailer like this at us looks like an Oscar nominee by comparison.

You mean a completely boneheaded, counter-productive maneuver that can't possibly attain the kind of payoff they could've gotten by just being competent in the first place?

Yeah, that's definitely a DC plan. Certainly explains their comics.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm on the fence ( which is painful because I'm not that agile).
I don't hate it and I really want to like it but given the track record I'll just remain hopefully optimistic

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:37 pm

SporkBot wrote:You mean a completely boneheaded, counter-productive maneuver that can't possibly attain the kind of payoff they could've gotten by just being competent in the first place?

Yeah, that's definitely a DC plan. Certainly explains their comics.

I'm curious. When was the last time you followed a particular DC title or titles?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Looks good so far.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:35 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:I'm curious. When was the last time you followed a particular DC title or titles?

I was getting Action Comics, but I don't think issue 1001 has come out yet. I was expecting Bendis' "Man of Steel" story to be in Action, but then it was it's own separate mini, and I figured I'd just stick with Action, but again, I haven't seen 1001 released yet, so...yeah. Don't know what they're doing there.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:42 am

Bianco wrote:I'm on the fence ( which is painful because I'm not that agile).
I don't hate it and I really want to like it but given the track record I'll just remain hopefully optimistic

Just hope that Freddy isn't the Ned of the movie.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

SporkBot wrote:
I was getting Action Comics, but I don't think issue 1001 has come out yet. I was expecting Bendis' "Man of Steel" story to be in Action, but then it was it's own separate mini, and I figured I'd just stick with Action, but again, I haven't seen 1001 released yet, so...yeah. Don't know what they're doing there.

Action #1001 comes out this Wednesday. the-news-stand/what-are-you-buying-july-2018-t121675.html
So then when you said "Yeah, that's definitely a DC plan. Certainly explains their comics" what does that even mean if you haven't read anything other than one recent issue of Action? :smt017

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:[So then when you said "Yeah, that's definitely a DC plan. Certainly explains their comics" what does that even mean if you haven't read anything other than one recent issue of Action?

That 2 years of mildly less stupidity doesn't do much to restore faith after 5+ years of "French-kiss-the-electrical-socket" level stupidity, and that bringing back one character doesn't fix everything in regards to other, unrelated characters. It's almost like DC made more than one bad decision during and since 2011, and each one had a ripple effect of even MORE mistakes.

See, chap theorized that they were intentionally making terrible movies, so that the less-terrible ones would be better received. And honestly, I think that applies to the popularity of Rebirth...perhaps not in every respect, but this narrative of "it's so awesome, every character is back to normal", when there's clear evidence that NOT every character is back to normal, or "just the same". I may not've been buy Detective Comics during Tynion's run, but I did keep tabs on it, and saw no evidence of improvement (not in writing or characterization).

Weird, right? After tolerating the 5+ years of aforementioned stupidity, that for some mysterious reason, I have zero incentive to continue giving my money to people who clearly have no idea what they're doing, or to titles I don't care about. Especially when certain characters remain screwed up. Almost like there's a reason I'm skeptical about DC's "give us two years explain everything, maybe" shtick, by the same wantwits that screwed things up in the first place.

leave a comment with facebook