Monday, August 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Harley Quinn is Looking Rather Nostalgic in Heroes in Crisis #2 Cover!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:17 pm

SDCC: Harley Quinn is Looking Rather Nostalgic in Heroes in Crisis #2 Cover!

Let's see, she's back in her old costume and strangling Batman like in a 2002 Batman/Wonder Woman graphic novel.

Oh, the irony.

*looks over at Bleeding Cool* WHY THAT JUDAS TERROR!!!!! Tsk tsk, Jude. You ask me what the heck's up with that cover and I give it to you all the info and not a single credit. You're selling out to my heart man! MY HEART!!

Then again, I guess there's irony in this given at Tom King's panel (wait he gets his own panel now? Neat) he revealed the full #2 cover for Identity Crisis 2: GOD MAKE IT STOP! WHY MUST WE HAVE DEATH?! HAVE YOU LEARNED ANYTHING DC?!Heroes in Crisis #2 by Clay Mann which features Harley Quinn (in her old jester garb) strangling Batman with Wonder Woman's lasso:

The image kind of harkens back to the cover of the 2002 graphic novel Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (by Greg Rucka and J.G. Jones). Here's the cover to that one:

batman wonder woman hiketeia

Really lifts the mojo there. Heroes in Crisis #2 hits stores on October 24th, but knowing DC and it's an event book it'll probably be delayed till November. Oh, and if you haven't heard about Wally West appears to be a goner. I guess DC is really making nobody want to buy this mini, don't they? I need a drink after writing thirty-five articles in a few days. 

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 pm

I wouldn't have thought that was Harley.

Still not interested in the book yet.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Harley with the lasso totally just pulled me in for sure. :D

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Every time I see something new about this book, I get less interested in it.

Which is fascinating, because my interest level when it was first announced was approximately zero.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:24 am

Damnit, DC COULD have released a Power Girl solo title on my birthday wherein the retcon her to Earth One so she's no longer ghettoized, and make her a different, closer relative to Superman so she's no longer a Supergirl clone. They could have given her a badass backstory on Krypton that differentiated her further from Supergirl and Superman. They could have given her a mission, perhaps a split between earthbound superheroics and more cosmic stuff, while restricting Supergirl to the earth stuff.

But no, they have to push one of my most hated characters on my birthday instead of reintroducing an improved PG with backstory and a mission after years of almost total absence, apart from her being a sidekick to Harley, a character she once threatened to drop OVER Arkham. Talk about insult to injury.

DC may hate all of you, but they reserve their special hate for me! :smt013

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:51 pm

HNutz wrote:I wouldn't have thought that was Harley.

Maybe thats not Batman

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:25 am

chap22 wrote:Every time I see something new about this book, I get less interested in it.

I saw something about this today.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Near the end of The Flash #51, Wally is convinced to stop running by Barry, along with an assist from Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman and Wonder Woman offer to get him help, and promise that some time at Sanctuary will help him.

Sanctuary is a mental health facility, built for the heroes and villains of the DC Universe. It uses Kryptonian technology, modified by Batman and embracing Amazonian philosophies, so that its AI nurses can provide therapy for the super-beings who find themselves embroiled in violent conflicts on a daily basis.

And the premise for Heroes in Crisis is that there is a "slaughter" at Sanctuary, leaving a number of heroes and villains dead, and two heroes who were on site getting help are the prime suspects.

The heroes are Booster Gold and Harley Quinn, which means that when The Flash #51 features an editorial note that Wally's story will continue in Heroes in Crisis #1, it seems likely he will be a victim of this mass killing.

Harley Quinn is a "hero" now? :?

Yeah, not feeling this.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:17 am

Considering the brief hiatus between "reality changing cosmic events" that happened during DiDio's tenure, all DC characters should be under intensive psychiatric rehabilitation. :roll:

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:20 am

HNutz wrote:I saw something about this today.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Harley Quinn is a "hero" now? :?

Yeah, not feeling this.

I don't blame you. I'm not a follower of the character or legacy, but killing off Wally two years after bringing him back, which was one of the bigger reasons I heard people raving about Rebirth, is a supremely dumbass move. Then again, not only is it possible that Wally is a suspect...though given Didio's "not long for this world" remark...And then you have "Can't have a Crisis without a dead Flash!" I dunno, weren't there a couple Crises that didn't involve a dead Flash? Or were they such unremarkable stories that they simply my mind? Anyway, another option is that Wally dies, but doesn't stay dead. I mean, DC loves them a cheap tease to get people worked up, forgetting that it can blow up in their faces...even if it blew up in their faces very recently...with the same damn writer...

Though also troubling is that a specialized hospital filled with supers is slaughtered with only a couple survivors. Are these going to be no-name newbies, created just for this story? Older/obscure ones that DC heads think are expendable? Characters taken from DCU Online players?

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 am

chap22 wrote:Every time I see something new about this book, I get less interested in it.

Which is fascinating, because my interest level when it was first announced was approximately zero.

My initial interest was zero, but now it's a million times that!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 am

Spacedog wrote:Considering the brief hiatus between "reality changing cosmic events" that happened during DiDio's tenure, all DC characters should be under intensive psychiatric rehabilitation. :roll:

No, Didio, Johns, Lee, Harras, and the rest should be locked in a padded room.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:07 am

SporkBot wrote:
I don't blame you. I'm not a follower of the character or legacy, but killing off Wally two years after bringing him back, which was one of the bigger reasons I heard people raving about Rebirth, is a supremely dumbass move. Then again, not only is it possible that Wally is a suspect...though given Didio's "not long for this world" remark...And then you have "Can't have a Crisis without a dead Flash!" I dunno, weren't there a couple Crises that didn't involve a dead Flash? Or were they such unremarkable stories that they simply my mind? Anyway, another option is that Wally dies, but doesn't stay dead. I mean, DC loves them a cheap tease to get people worked up, forgetting that it can blow up in their faces...even if it blew up in their faces very recently...with the same damn writer...

Though also troubling is that a specialized hospital filled with supers is slaughtered with only a couple survivors. Are these going to be no-name newbies, created just for this story? Older/obscure ones that DC heads think are expendable? Characters taken from DCU Online players?

They'll probably kill off Power Girl...also Fire and Ice, and anyone at all fun.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:10 am

LoganRSA wrote:
My initial interest was zero, but now it's a million times that!

:lol:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:15 am

SporkBot wrote:

I'm currently a firm believer in the prevailing theory that Wally is a suspect in all this, gets teased/presumed dead somehow through the course of the story (kinda similar to Nightwing's "death" in Forever Evil, and ends up as a black ops member of the new Suicide Squad when it's all over. Because that's the kind of stupid-ass idea that Didio just couldn't resist repeating verbatim all over again.

As for who dies, it's not gonna be more than one "big" name. This week's Doomsday Clock suggests that the original Tattooed Man gets kakked at Sanctuary, as implied by the second Tattooed Man...so it'll be something like that, easily replaceable morts and/or nobodies with one big name to make headlines and sell books to the "schadenfreude speculator" crowd.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:41 am

The execution may be good, but the premise reeks of unoriginality and repetition. Seems like Identity Crisis all over again. DC's current publishers/management can't help but walk in circles.

leave a comment with facebook