Monday, November 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What are you reading, Book-wise not comic-wise?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Always a quick read, these Reacher books.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:Image
Always a quick read, these Reacher books.

The author knows he or she has made it when their name dominates the cover and the title of the book seems an after-thought. :lol:

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 pm

RobThompson wrote:The author knows he or she has made it when their name dominates the cover and the title of the book seems an after-thought. :lol:

No doubt. This guy seems to think he’s actually the character he’s writing about.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:No doubt. This guy seems to think he’s actually the character he’s writing about.

I thought the same thing about the Mosley book I am reading. Not sure that is a reflection of the author as much as it is on the publisher.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:19 pm

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Very enjoyable.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Im on a bit of a short attention span stint atm. So im switching between thee oh look a squirrel

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 pm

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:05 am

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:23 am

Bone Music - What happens when a pair of serial killers try to raise a girl whose mother was one of their victims? The girl grows up and pure bat shit hilarity ensues.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Glaeken wrote:Image

Bone Music - What happens when a pair of serial killers try to raise a girl whose mother was one of their victims? The girl grows up and pure bat shit hilarity ensues.

I thought I had cross-posted about this from the RCT; but I guess not. . . :smt102

I tend not to read much by children of authors that I really like; but this I fell into, because Christopher helped his mom finally finish her Mummy book with Ramses The Damned: The Passion of Cleopatra after nearly thirty years. It was fun enough that I decided to give him a try on his own and Bone Music had just come out; so I grabbed it.
A fairly quick read that starts off a bit shaky on the set-up; but as he progresses and finds his voice for the characters, the story takes over and you don't really notice the small "tics" and instead just enjoy the read.
Book two comes out in February; I believe and plan on getting it on release day. :D

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Flamebird wrote:

I thought I had cross-posted about this from the RCT; but I guess not. . . :smt102

I tend not to read much by children of authors that I really like; but this I fell into, because Christopher helped his mom finally finish her Mummy book with Ramses The Damned: The Passion of Cleopatra after nearly thirty years. It was fun enough that I decided to give him a try on his own and Bone Music had just come out; so I grabbed it.
A fairly quick read that starts off a bit shaky on the set-up; but as he progresses and finds his voice for the characters, the story takes over and you don't really notice the small "tics" and instead just enjoy the read.
Book two comes out in February; I believe and plan on getting it on release day. :D

Got it preordered on my kindle.

leave a comment with facebook