Thursday, September 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 am

Sharp Objects is awful, I was right when I said I thought Gillian Flynn was not a terribly good writer.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:34 am

Keb wrote:Yeah, it even has a pen-style clip just in case you need to clip it to your pocket. That way you're always prepared to open a milk bag no matter what.

In the 80s, they used to have magnets on them too so you could put them up on the fridge. You couldn't walk up in someone's house without seeing one of them pieces on the fridge.

Canadian cows must live in fear of milking time. . .

:shock:

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:52 am

My weekend, aside from Cycling-Induced Sore Bum Syndrome (fnarr fnarr etc), included a 1-man show in which The Evil Dead 2 is re-enacted by one man singing Elvis songs and a film called Beyond The Black Rainbow, which was weird as anything but a really engrossing watch. Very much in debt to the style of dystopian weird 70s sci-fi.

Aside from Stephen's plan to mobilise the entire Canadian Expeditionary Force against Ivy, what's your weekend been like, RCT?

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:59 am

I think it was ok... but it will forever be the weekend i sat through the godawful mess that is the Meg!

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am

jephd wrote:I think it was ok... but it will forever be the weekend i sat through the godawful mess that is the Meg!

I've avoided that one on the basis that it looked like a massive turd. But there's not a lot of good stuff on at the cinema just now, so can't say I blame you...

Speaking of shark films, I tried to watch The Shallows on Netflix there the other week. Lasted about halfway before getting a bit bored, but it was also late and I was tired, so might give it another go some Friday night.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 am

Fysh wrote:My weekend, aside from Cycling-Induced Sore Bum Syndrome (fnarr fnarr etc), included a 1-man show in which The Evil Dead 2 is re-enacted by one man singing Elvis songs and a film called Beyond The Black Rainbow, which was weird as anything but a really engrossing watch. Very much in debt to the style of dystopian weird 70s sci-fi.

Aside from Stephen's plan to mobilise the entire Canadian Expeditionary Force against Ivy, what's your weekend been like, RCT?

I read books and wrote, partly because I was inspired and partly because I was too high to fuck.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 am

On Saturday, I did nothing. On Sunday, I did nothing.

I watched the Wire. That's something.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:50 am

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Moortron wrote:I read books and wrote, partly because I was inspired and partly because I was too high to fuck.

Cool, what did you read/are you reading at the moment? And what sort of thing were you writing? Like, fiction or non-fiction?

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Fysh wrote:
Cool, what did you read/are you reading at the moment? And what sort of thing were you writing? Like, fiction or non-fiction?

I read some stuff on the Spanish Civil War, some of Bullshit Jobs by David Graeber, and some manga. Worked on a treatment and a script, former is horror incorporating the Wendigo myths and the later involves various people getting into trouble in Houston kinda like Pulp Fiction but more overtly political(unionization, sex work, and wage theft) that draws from personal politics translating into real life and internet battles with obnoxious terfs.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

I've been reading other people's diaries.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Garofani Spruzzo wrote:I've been reading other people's diaries.

Something we've all never done and even if we did you couldn't prove it anyway.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Please don't tell anyone what I wrote on February 30th I was very drunk.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Wow, Asia Argento, who recently accused Harvey Weinstein of rape, is said to have paid off a sexual assault of a minor claim in 2013. Her friends are insisting that it was a shakedown, or there was more to the story...unfortunately the same stuff people always say. The claimant was 17 in a state where the age of consent is 18, and she was 20 years older. I have to say, I firmly don't think that's okay for someone to do, even though I'm sure many 17 year olds would line up. I'm a fan of Asia Argento, but I'll be sad if this turns out to be solid.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:06 pm

I've been re-writing other peoples diaries; to spice things up for 'em when they reread them in years to come. . . :roll:

leave a comment with facebook