Sunday, December 16, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Rumor: Marvel Cinematic Characters To Get Limited Series On Disney Streaming Service

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:54 am

Which ones? They're keeping things Low-key…

Source: Variety

Variety is reporting that Disney is planning to bring out the (semi) big guns to the smaller screen. Word is that certain Marvel heroes will be getting live-action limited series on the Disney streaming service. Unlike their Distinguished Competition, the characters they are planning to bring to the smaller screen will be played by their cinematic counterparts.

According to the rumor, Elizabeth Olsen will be on a Scarlet Witch limited series and Tom Hiddleston will star in a Loki limited series. Well, hopefully these series will be set before Avengers: Infinity War or… well, you know (hey this is a streamed show, what's with the TV snow?). Other series are also said to be in development, though the main Avengers (eg. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor) are probably not in the cards. It's expected that each series would run 6-8 episodes.

Marvel and Disney had no comment on this rumor, and of course, no release date has been determined for any of these projects.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:48 am

That's... unexpected.

Could be kinda cool, though.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 am

A Loki series with Hiddleston doing Loki things could be fun; he pretty much stole the MCU.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 am

Yes, please to both.

Also, I NEED A HAWKGUY MINI IN MY LIFE .

Straight from this if you don't mind, PLZKTHX:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 am

Always thought the guy who played Green Arrow in Snellville could play a good Fraction-inspired Hawkeye.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:47 am

If this happens there are so many MCU characters that should be getting limited series:

Bushmaster
Shuri
Elektra
Ulysses Bloodstone
Dr. Doom
Magneto
Dakota North
X-23
Cyclops
Daughters Of The Dragon

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:57 am

achilles wrote:A Loki series with Hiddleston doing Loki things could be fun; he pretty much stole the MCU.

After Thor, after Grandmaster, he's obviously the next guy who will take up space in Darryl's place.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 pm

achilles wrote:A Loki series with Hiddleston doing Loki things could be fun; he pretty much stole the MCU.

So... maybe he survived that fight with Thanos? Or does he come back after the next Avengers movie?

Or... is it a prequel?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:32 pm

HNutz wrote:

So... maybe he survived that fight with Thanos? Or does he come back after the next Avengers movie?

Or... is it a prequel?

Maybe Infinity Loki was a Skrull! Captai Marvel tie-in! :shock: :P

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Draco x wrote:If this happens there are so many MCU characters that should be getting limited series:

Bushmaster
Shuri
Elektra
Ulysses Bloodstone
Dr. Doom
Magneto
Dakota North
X-23
Cyclops
Daughters Of The Dragon

What? Stop. Just stop.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm

chap22 wrote:
What? Stop. Just stop.

I look forward to hearing why you think she sucks as a character. 8)

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Draco x wrote:
I look forward to hearing why you think she sucks as a character. 8)

Generic powerless fashion industry PI in the Marvel U? I'm pretty confident her worthlessness and redundancy speaks for itself.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:42 pm

chap22 wrote:
Generic powerless fashion industry PI in the Marvel U? I'm pretty confident her worthlessness and redundancy speaks for itself.

What if I told you that they were planning on doing a crossover with DC where she meets Damian and they team up to fight your favorite villain Prometheus? I am sure you would buy that book, right? :band

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Draco x wrote:
What if I told you that they were planning on doing a crossover with DC where she meets Damian and they team up to fight your favorite villain Prometheus? I am sure you would buy that book, right? :band

Without knowing the creative team, Damian is the only thing close to a selling point in that bag of crap. I'd at least read it if I found out he used Dakota as a baseball bat and beat jobber extraordinaire Prometheus/Mr. Supervillain #1 to death with her body.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 pm

chap22 wrote:
Without knowing the creative team, Damian is the only thing close to a selling point in that bag of crap. I'd at least read it if I found out he used Dakota as a baseball bat and beat jobber extraordinaire Prometheus/Mr. Supervillain #1 to death with her body.

I hear that your favorite writer Grant Morrison might be writing the book just to let you know. :band

leave a comment with facebook