Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

ABC Commits To Series Featuring Female Marvel Superheroes

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:41 am

Allan Heinberg to helm series

Source: Deadline

Yesterday we got the rumor about a couple of Marvel Cinematic Universe characters getting limited series on the Disney streaming service. Today, word is that Marvel is bringing more to the more traditional smaller screen, the Disney-owned television network, ABC. Apparently ABC has committed to bringing to its channel, a currently untitled hour-long series featuring female superheroes of Marvel.

Allan Heinberg, who co-wrote the Wonder Woman  movie and co-created the Young Avengers  comic for Marvel, will be executive producing and writing for the new series. The rumor says that that the show will feature "lesser-known" characters. Start taking guesses now.

No broadcast date has been revealed for this project. Could this be why the sixth season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been cut short? If Jude were still here he'd surely come up with another reason for that…

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:25 am

Ms Marvel or Squirrel Girl. Maybe a SHIELD spin-off i guess

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:03 am

Hopefully not America Chavez

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:18 am

I'm hoping for a Jubilee, Boom-Boom, and Dazzler team up. However, because the world exists purely to spite me on a personal level, it'll probably be yet another version of Daisy-Quakes and some paramilitary crap again.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:I'm hoping for a Jubilee, Boom-Boom, and Dazzler team up. However, because the world exists purely to spite me on a personal level, it'll probably be yet another version of Daisy-Quakes and some paramilitary crap again.

I strongly dislike Daisy.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:17 pm

And if you don't watch it you're sexist.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Kate Bishop Hawkeye

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:38 pm

I hope this isn't another disaster like "Inhumans".

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:53 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I hope this isn't another disaster like "Inhumans".

If it is we can also blame sexism for it failing.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 pm

LiamA wrote:
If it is we can also blame sexism for it failing.

At what point can we just blame shitty writing? Don't get me wrong, I really want more representation in media, I really do, but so often it comes bundled in a crap story and then allegations of sexism are used as a shield. It doesn't help that there usually is a huge heaping tonne of sexism from the usual shit geysers of reddit and the chans too, spewing out their thick brown layer over everything, but to use that as a way of disregarding all criticism is highly disingenuous. Give me representation AND a good story too, please.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I hope this isn't another disaster like "Inhumans".

I'm hoping it's not another disaster based on inhumans

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Bianco wrote:
I'm hoping it's not another disaster based on inhumans

:shock:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Medusa was really unlikable. Crystal in daisy dukes and a knotted belly shirt should have worked but by that time viewers had tuned out. :P

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Medusa was really unlikable. Crystal in daisy dukes and a knotted belly shirt should have worked but by that time viewers had tuned out. :P

Medusa was disappointing because i liked the actor

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Hopefully we get some She-Hulk and Tigra for this upcoming show.

leave a comment with facebook