Advertisement

Review Group Week 163 - MUPPET SHOW #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

What should we review next week?

Captain America Comics #1: 70th Anniversary Special
11%
Destroyer MAX #1
21%
Flash: Rebirth #1
63%
Franklin Richards: April Fools #1
No votes
Pride & Prejudice #1
No votes
Seaguy: The Slaves of Mickey Eye #1
5%

Total votes : 19

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 pm

starlord wrote:so is Flash Rebirth the official pick for next week?

I'm going to give Young Neil, thefourthman, McKegan, MrBlack, Mr. Batman, GOSD and Chubbles a bit more time to vote if they want to, but unless something crazy happens Flash appears to be the pick.

Advertisement

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 am

Flash sounds good to me, although I wouldn't mind Seaguy either. Hopefuly Punchy will create a thread so we can all hear about how great of a writer he thinks Morrison is.

And I read the Muppet Show comic but I can't be assed to review it. Needed more 'Waka, waka", imo.

Muppet Show
Story: 6
Art: 6
Over-All: 6.1

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:05 am

McKegan wrote:Flash sounds good to me, although I wouldn't mind Seaguy either. Hopefuly Punchy will create a thread so we can all hear about how great of a writer he thinks Morrison is.

And I read the Muppet Show comic but I can't be assed to review it. Needed more 'Waka, waka", imo.

Muppet Show
Story: 6
Art: 6
Over-All: 6.1

I don't mind Morrison doing crazy fucked up shit on his own creator-owned stuff, I just don't think it has a place in Batman or a summer crossover.

I think I'd like Seaguy, I'm a big Cameron Stewart fan, but I haven't read the first mini, so I wouldn't enjoy this new one very much probably.

You'll probably get a better rant out of me from Flash.

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 pm

And I wandered into this thread thinking I wouldn't really learn anything too interesting. I've been wondering who that was for a while now too. Plus this sight is :!: Must stay away while at work...

Midas
cheese

Postby Midas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:03 pm

amlah6 wrote:I'm going to give Young Neil, thefourthman, McKegan, MrBlack, Mr. Batman, GOSD and Chubbles a bit more time to vote if they want to, but unless something crazy happens Flash appears to be the pick.

Group voting--I like it! Sorry I can't participate. Trade waiting and DCBS and all that... Great to see the group going strong.

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Officially official...

Image[center]Image
Flash: Rebirth #1
As selected by amlah6[/center]Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Ethan Van Sciver

Through the decades, many heroes have taken the mantle of The Flash, but they all ride the lightning that crackles in the wake of the greatest hero the DC Universe has ever known, the man who sacrificed himself to save the Multiverse: Barry Allen!

Following the events of FINAL CRISIS, Barry has beaten death and returned to a fast-paced world that a man out of time wouldn't recognize. Or is it a world that is only just now catching up? All the running he's done before was just a warmup for the high-speed race that he and every other Flash must now run, because even though one speedster might have beaten death, another has just turned up dead! From Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver, the visionaries responsible for the blockbuster GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH and THE SINESTRO CORPS WAR, comes the start of an explosive and jaw-dropping epic that will reintroduce to the modern age the hero who single-handedly birthed the Silver Age of comics! DC history will be made, and the Flash legacy will be redefined!

DC Universe | 40pg. | Color | $3.99 US

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Just read on LiTG that Muppets wasn't available in the UK at all, so there's no way that I could have reviewed this.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Punchy wrote:Just read on LiTG that Muppets wasn't available in the UK at all, so there's no way that I could have reviewed this.

excuses excuses :roll:

Postby ****** » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 pm

USPS has my copy of Muppet Show #1 and refuses to deliver it. :x

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:28 pm

amlah6 wrote:USPS has my copy of Muppet Show #1 and refuses to deliver it. :x

Mine should still be here tomorrow.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:33 am

More like UK Customs has my Muppets!

It's stupid really, the Muppets started out on UK TV!

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:24 pm

Hopefully the shortest Review Group column ever:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php? ... Itemid=176

:lol:

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Muppet show #1

I liked this issue but it didn't feel cohesive like the show did and the song numbers do not translate at all so they were a disappointment. I've already ordered the next few issues but I don't think I'll order anymore after that. The art however was perfect.

New Score 9 after watching my favorite episode of the muppet show.
Last edited by guitarsmashley on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Postby ****** » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:46 pm

There's something to be said for low expectations as I quite enjoyed this. It wasn't trying to be too clever or anything, it just was what it was. It's probably been 10 years since I've seen any of the Muppet movies and maybe 25 since I've watched an episode of the Muppet Show but this made me super nostalgic. The art was great and the tone of the book felt very true to the show.

Story: 8
Art: 8
Overall: 8

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 pm

amlah6 wrote:There's something to be said for low expectations as I quite enjoyed this. It wasn't trying to be too clever or anything, it just was what it was. It's probably been 10 years since I've seen any of the Muppet movies and maybe 25 since I've watched an episode of the Muppet Show but this made me super nostalgic. The art was great and the tone of the book felt very true to the show.

Story: 8
Art: 8
Overall: 8

It got my daughter to buy the first season!!!!!!

Usually I am all for movies getting people to the source material (i.e. Wanted, Watchmen, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), but here I see the book leading her to the show. It is a nifty bit of irony.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand