Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'The Eternals' Now Has A Director

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Zhao gets the gig

Source: Marvel Studios' 'The Eternals' Finds Its Director With Chloe Zhao

Back in April Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige  revealed that they were actually discussing making a movie based The Eternals series of comics. The Eternals were the genetic experiments of earthers by the Celestials in the comics, and were the Kirbiest of Jack Kirby creations at Marvel. One might have thought that Feige was having a fever dream, as at the time Avengers: Infinity War was almost ready to launch.

However, we soon learned it wasn't a dream, as a month later writers Matthew and Ryan Firpo were chosen for the project. To solidify things a bit more, it's now being reported that The Eternals has a director: Chloe Zhao. Zhao was born in China and is known for smaller-scale (smaller than a typical Marvel flick) films such as The Rider and My Brothers Taught Me. It was said that Zhao was previously being considered for a Black Widow film.

No official announcement has been made about an Eternals film so no release date is known. The Hollywood Reporter is saying that a part of story for the film will involve the romance between Ikaris and Sersi.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Long as Sersi has that cool 90's Avengers tean jacket going on, I'm in

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Might work if they don't try to shove them down our throats, like they did with the Inhumans. But they have the sacrificial lamb now, if it bombs.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Now all it needs is an audience...

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:39 pm

I know I have said before that I wouldn't be opposed to them making an Eternals movie but with Disney and Marvel supposeddly having a streaming service for several of their lesser properties, I would think that would be a better fit for the Eternals if they want to give them any spotlight.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 am

Well, let's just see how ephemeral the Eternals turns out to be in the face of strong competition like Aquabro, Cybored, and LOSH movies...

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 am

So they're going to try to make the most boring Marvel concept ever work by...focusing on an even more boring romantic pairing that, to my (admittedly limited re: Eternals) knowledge, has rarely if ever even been hinted at in the source material. If there's any romantic pairing in the Eternals worth showcasing, it would be the Thena/Kro pairing, though that may be a little too Romeo & Juliet for a Marvel flick...

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm

chap22 wrote:So they're going to try to make the most boring Marvel concept ever work by...focusing on an even more boring romantic pairing that, to my (admittedly limited re: Eternals) knowledge, has rarely if ever even been hinted at in the source material. If there's any romantic pairing in the Eternals worth showcasing, it would be the Thena/Kro pairing, though that may be a little too Romeo & Juliet for a Marvel flick...

This.

I just read the entire Kirby run because I found the Omnibus dirt cheap at my local comic shop.

Nowhere in it does Ikaris or Sersi seem to be a thing. Only Thena and Kro seem to have been an item.

I don’t really like any of the characters other than Karkas. Even then he’s just Kirby doing another take on the ugly monster with a beautiful soul.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm trying to remember if Sersi had a romantic interest during her Avengers days, while I enjoyed some of that stuff I blocked most of it out

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Bianco wrote:I'm trying to remember if Sersi had a romantic interest during her Avengers days, while I enjoyed some of that stuff I blocked most of it out

She was part of that forgettable love-triangle involving Black Knight and Crystal

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Bianco wrote:I'm trying to remember if Sersi had a romantic interest during her Avengers days, while I enjoyed some of that stuff I blocked most of it out

She flirted with Cap largely because it made him uncomfortable, then had a thing with Black Knight.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Jack Burton wrote:
This.

I just read the entire Kirby run because I found the Omnibus dirt cheap at my local comic shop.

Nowhere in it does Ikaris or Sersi seem to be a thing. Only Thena and Kro seem to have been an item.

I don’t really like any of the characters other than Karkas. Even then he’s just Kirby doing another take on the ugly monster with a beautiful soul.

I like Karkas, and I like Sersi. Every other Eternal, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, is as boring as dry white bread, untoasted.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm

chap22 wrote:
I like Karkas, and I like Sersi. Every other Eternal, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, is as boring as dry white bread, untoasted.

Listen you can make a pretty decent sandwich with white bread, rice cakes on the other hand

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:05 am

I want the Eternals and the Inhumans to fight. Loser quits comics.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 am

I just hope this doesn't turn out like 'The Inhumans'.

leave a comment with facebook