Thursday, December 13, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Code Craze

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:26 am

Spooky

I'm watching The Haunting of Hill House. I was on a scene where the police are asking the dad what he saw in the red room. Just as he's about to speak, my TV screen goes black and nothing. By the time I realize my TV switched inputs on its own and I switch back, the show is onto the next episode.

My TV is possessed and I'm pissed at it. I'm not going back to episode 7 and fast forwarding to the end to see what happened.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:57 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Spooky

I'm watching The Haunting of Hill House. I was on a scene where the police are asking the dad what he saw in the red room. Just as he's about to speak, my TV screen goes black and nothing. By the time I realize my TV switched inputs on its own and I switch back, the show is onto the next episode.

My TV is possessed and I'm pissed at it. I'm not going back to episode 7 and fast forwarding to the end to see what happened.

That is spooky. I just finished Hill House. I really liked it. It demands that you pay attention to keep it all straight. The writing had to be a challenge as they went back and forth connecting seemingly unconnected things. I really liked it.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

I finished Hill House. It's hard sustaining horror for 2 hours, forget about 10 hours. They wisely didn't try. The show is basically a drama about a dysfunctional family with moments of horror injected. That's not to say that there isn't stuff for horror fans to enjoy. There's some genuinely creepy scenes in each episode. It just isn't what makes each episode. There was one scene in episode 8 that scared the shit out me. I so wasn't expecting it. :lol: I can't remember that last time I jumped during a movie or tv show. Well done. They did a great job of bridging the past with the present and making every little bit work. The bent neck woman makes sense. The imaginary friend. It all works. Great emotional ending too.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Oh yes that was quite the jump scare. It was well done.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 am

Apostle - I might as well stick with Netflix. I like horror movies about cults. I like period horror stories. No-brainer to watch this. Nice setting with this. Some good cinematography on display. I think I liked the first half more when it was grounded in reality and was a mystery. The second half upped the gore and went supernatural. The biggest strike against the movie is the runtime. 130 minutes?

3 1/2

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Damn you DMR and your 10 codes a day limit. I've redeemed 20 codes in the last two days. For some reason they're letting you redeem codes for movies that have already been redeemed. Not the same exact code, but another one for the same movie. It isn't working for all of them though. I would say that they reset the movies that have seen re-releases, but it just let me redeem Solo 4K and Black Panther 4K again. Just about all the Marvel movies you can redeem again. Free Blu-rays #29 and #30 ordered. Now I'm just waiting for them to offer a proper Blu-ray version of Monsters Inc, not in a DVD case, so I can complete my Pixar collection.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:30 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Damn you DMR and your 10 codes a day limit. I've redeemed 20 codes in the last two days. For some reason they're letting you redeem codes for movies that have already been redeemed. Not the same exact code, but another one for the same movie. It isn't working for all of them though. I would say that they reset the movies that have seen re-releases, but it just let me redeem Solo 4K and Black Panther 4K again. Just about all the Marvel movies you can redeem again. Free Blu-rays #29 and #30 ordered. Now I'm just waiting for them to offer a proper Blu-ray version of Monsters Inc, not in a DVD case, so I can complete my Pixar collection.

So it still has to be an unredeemed code?

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Sarahroo wrote:So it still has to be an unredeemed code?

Yes, unredeemed. They're just letting you redeem another code for a movie you already redeemed a code for. It looks like all the Marvel and Star Wars movies at the very least. I could redeem Iron Man 1-3, Avengers 1-3, Cap 1 & 2, Black Panther, GOTG, Solo, Last Jedi, and Rogue One again. Also Pirates 5, Nightmare Before Christmas, Lady and the Tramp and a few others. I still have some Thor and Wrinkle codes to try out tomorrow. Just need to wait another 23 hours. Sigh

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 am

Trilogy of Terror (1975) - An ABC horror anthology. The first story is about a student who seduces and then blackmails his teacher, but with a twist. The second one involves two sisters who are opposites and one decides to try a kill the other. The third and best is about a Zuni fetish doll that comes to life. That damn thing is insane and loves stabbing and biting. I liked this one a lot.

4 1/2

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:44 am

That looks like a good one. I can’t believe it was tv. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Anyone looking for Ant-man and the Wasp GP? I don't want to screw up the code, so I won't get that portion until I'm home. If I don't hear anything by that time then I won't even bother getting it.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:36 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Anyone looking for Ant-man and the Wasp GP? I don't want to screw up the code, so I won't get that portion until I'm home. If I don't hear anything by that time then I won't even bother getting it.

I would love it please and thank you. I’m going to look for dark hall and Unfriended also.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:58 pm

I have Down a Dark Hall for someone. That person will be me once 11:15pm hits.

Glacier16

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glacier16 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 pm

So Disney stuff doesn’t come with a code anymore at Walmart? I went to get Antman and Wasp and they are all Blu-ray only. I though, fine I’ll get it from Amazon but can’t find it there under $40 (non 4K versions).

Glacier16

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glacier16 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 pm

So Disney stuff doesn’t come with a code anymore at Walmart? I went to get Antman and Wasp and they are all Blu-ray only. I though, fine I’ll get it from Amazon but can’t find it there under $40 (non 4K versions).

leave a comment with facebook