Sunday, November 18, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

As DC Races To Erase Batdicks From DC Universe, Dick Grayson Becomes Ric Grayson

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:57 pm

It just seems like a silly change, if you're going to give him a different name or an alias just make it completely different.

Yes Richard can be shortened a lot, Rich, Rick, Ric Woooooo!, Dick.

Most people stick with one or two, I'm Dan or Daniel, nobody calls me or knows me as Danny so it would seem silly to start using it or my middle name David going forward

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Draco x wrote:I'm not tripping too much over this as this will be ignored and forgotten like the Agent Grayson gimmick from the New 52 in a little bit.

A gimmick? Shirley not!

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:00 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:What's wrong with the preview? God forbid DC make any changes to their 40-something old characters. It's become so played out to yell "Reset the counter" any time a "fan" doesn't like something. If you don't like it, say why. Start some conversation.

Conversation and debate...on the internet??? I'll try anything once

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Bianco wrote:It just seems like a silly change, if you're going to give him a different name or an alias just make it completely different.

Most people stick with one or two, I'm Dan or Daniel, nobody calls me or knows me as Danny so it would seem silly to start using it or my middle name David going forward

It is confusing. First there was Dick. Then he became a Rick, sorry Ric and now I hope and pray its the audience who gets amnesia and forgets this story-line ever existed.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Bianco wrote:
To be honest it's really more of a battle cry then anything else

There is a worldwide hunt for the DC counter. If anyone finds it they apparently get a free Ric trading card.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:10 pm

A Dick will fall but a Ric will rise. Two reviews for the issue are now online but spoilers ahead

Review – Nightwing #51:

Review – Nightwing #51

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Bianco wrote:It just seems like a silly change, if you're going to give him a different name or an alias just make it completely different.

I don't think this counts as an alias. The name reference is the result of his brain injury. I know a lot of people that use variations of their name as they go through life: Christopher, Chris, Topher, etc.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:32 pm

The only way that I will ever accept "Ric" Grayson is if he goes back to that awful collared costume, dyes his hair platinum blonde, and starts a fighting team of four with Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damien Wayne that are all managed by Arn Anderson and J.J. Dillon.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Can someone please photoshop a picture of Ric Flair in a Robin costume? This needs to happen.

Honestly. I would love a story of Dick Grayson getting hit in the head and waking up thinking that he's Ric Flair. Get a panel of him chopping Killer Croc on the chest.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 pm

That is a great middle name. It's also a great FIRST name!

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
It really was. The rest of us actually know that because we read those titles unlike Draco who just references random things hoping they fit into his latest "this will be forgotten" comments.

I am sure Johns will give you a bonus over at DC for this remark you just passed. In fact, I will get Johns and co to donate some more money to the Sarcasm School by letting them know what you just said. 8)

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 pm

chap22 wrote:4. A bat-shaped scar on his head? You're REALLY gonna try to defend this???

It should have been a dick-shaped scar, THEN the name change would be understandable.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 pm

sdsichero wrote:It should have been a dick-shaped scar, THEN the name change would be understandable.

If it was a dick shaped scar, I'd just assume he fell asleep at the wrong slumber party. 8)

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 pm

HNutz wrote:
If it was a dick shaped scar, I'd just assume he fell asleep at the wrong slumber party. 8)

That Titans "fuck Batman" line makes more sense now :shock:

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 pm

achilles wrote:
That is a great middle name. It's also a great FIRST name!

That's funny I have used it as a first name

leave a comment with facebook