Wednesday, November 14, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gerry Conway Calls DC Jerks For Not Crediting Comics Creators On Titans

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 am

Out of curiosity did anybody actually watch and or like the show, I don't remember a thread
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Bianco wrote:Out of curiosity did anybody actually watch and or like the show, I don't remember a thread


Well, there's THIS one...
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:22 am

Bianco wrote:
Yet some go on Twitter and don't know when to shut up, & i don't mean Conway


I do. If you have a complaint describe it so the rest of us can follow and make a decision. These fucking non-stop name calling Tweets accomplish nothing except to make those Writers look like aging men and woman that are so bitter they can't ever be happy.
User avatar

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:30 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
I do. If you have a complaint describe it so the rest of us can follow and make a decision. These fucking non-stop name calling Tweets accomplish nothing except to make those Writers look like aging men and woman that are so bitter they can't ever be happy.


To be honest I'm not on twitter really to know who behaves or not. However your right just ranting doesn't work
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:02 pm

In general, not taking into account that Tweet, I think DC and Marvel should credit the creators of certain characters, (barring shows like day Legends, where there are so many characters the credits would last ten minutes), for their creations. That doesn't necessarily mean giving them cuts of the profits if it was work for hire, but it would be the decent thing to do, the minimum decent thing to do.

I will bet you guys for example that Geoff Johns gets a "created by" credit for Stargirl when her streaming thing happens.

Take another example. In the nu52 Worlds' Finest comic, Paul Levitz, the long-time bigwig at DC got a "created by" credit for the Helena Wayne Huntress, but Gerry Conway, Wally Wood, Ric Estrada, and Joe Orlando didn't get a similar credit for Power Girl, (Orlando created the first sketch of how the character looked---and it was pretty much the classic look).

It would be a nice gesture, even if it was work for hire.
User avatar

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:07 pm

achilles wrote:In general, not taking into account that Tweet, I think DC and Marvel should credit the creators of certain characters, (barring shows like day Legends, where there are so many characters the credits would last ten minutes), for their creations. That doesn't necessarily mean giving them cuts of the profits if it was work for hire, but it would be the decent thing to do, the minimum decent thing to do.


Whether you want to say it's Didio, Warner Bros., or a combination thereof, they're not legally obligated to be decent.

After Flashpoint, they established new bios for characters, and they included "stats" such as Superman first appearing in Justice League #1.

Image

That strikes me as some conceited audacity, right there. Surprised they didn't give creator credit to Johns and Jim Lee.
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Whether you want to say it's Didio, Warner Bros., or a combination thereof, they're not legally obligated to be decent.

After Flashpoint, they established new bios for characters, and they included "stats" such as Superman first appearing in Justice League #1.

Image

That strikes me as some conceited audacity, right there. Surprised they didn't give creator credit to Johns and Jim Lee.


I know they're not legally obligate to credit those folks, but I would hope that doing the decent thing would be motivation enough. Yes, I know, hopelessly naïve of me, but why can't people be good just to be good sometimes? Think of the goodwill just putting a sentence each for a few characters at the start of their own TV show, movie, or comic book would engender. Hell, Power Girl had a solo book that ran for 27 issues before Flashpoint killed it, and never once were any of her creators credited. Yet as I said, in the Worlds' Finest book which was a title featuring the much less well known and much less popular Helena Wayne as well as Power Girl as the two stars, got Paul Levitz a created by credit because he was publisher....while Power Girl, who arguably had more play in the title got no creator credit.

It would have taken nothing, and given some goodwill.
User avatar

Scintillant-H

#1,984 on Deathstroke's Hit List

Postby Scintillant-H » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am

achilles wrote:
I know they're not legally obligate to credit those folks, but I would hope that doing the decent thing would be motivation enough. Yes, I know, hopelessly naïve of me, but why can't people be good just to be good sometimes? Think of the goodwill just putting a sentence each for a few characters at the start of their own TV show, movie, or comic book would engender. Hell, Power Girl had a solo book that ran for 27 issues before Flashpoint killed it, and never once were any of her creators credited. Yet as I said, in the Worlds' Finest book which was a title featuring the much less well known and much less popular Helena Wayne as well as Power Girl as the two stars, got Paul Levitz a created by credit because he was publisher....while Power Girl, who arguably had more play in the title got no creator credit.

It would have taken nothing, and given some goodwill.

If there was good will at DC, a lot of things would be different there.
User avatar

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Batman & Bill was a good documentary on Hulu
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:56 pm

achilles wrote:
I know they're not legally obligate to credit those folks, but I would hope that doing the decent thing would be motivation enough. Yes, I know, hopelessly naïve of me, but why can't people be good just to be good sometimes? Think of the goodwill just putting a sentence each for a few characters at the start of their own TV show, movie, or comic book would engender. Hell, Power Girl had a solo book that ran for 27 issues before Flashpoint killed it, and never once were any of her creators credited. Yet as I said, in the Worlds' Finest book which was a title featuring the much less well known and much less popular Helena Wayne as well as Power Girl as the two stars, got Paul Levitz a created by credit because he was publisher....while Power Girl, who arguably had more play in the title got no creator credit.

It would have taken nothing, and given some goodwill.


:lol: Who does that Wayne trash think she is, taking any attention away from our gift from God, Kara?
User avatar

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Maybe they will compromise and turn the batwoman symbol into a boob window
User avatar

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:


:lol: Who does that Wayne trash think she is, taking any attention away from our giftS from God, Kara?[/quote

Entirely correct, save for that one mistake.... :lol:

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests