Monday, December 10, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Frankenberry - The Movie

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:37 am

A sign has appeared in Hollywood...

Is a Monster Cereal movie in the works? Could you be movie's writer?

https://www.workwiththemonsters.com/how-this-works/

I'd love to expand this to cereals outside of Gen Mills and have a Battle Royale between all the cereal mascots...

Toucan Sam vs Sonny the Cuckoo Bird
Sugar Bear vs Dig 'Em
Crunch Berry Beast vs Tony the Tiger
Snap, Crackle & Pop vs the Frosti-O's
Quickie Bunny vs Trix Rabbit

And winning it all... Quisp!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:54 pm

If Captain Crunch appears, does he get to use his ship?

Do leprechauns count as "monsters"?

:)

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:02 pm

HNutz wrote:If Captain Crunch appears, does he get to use his ship?

First off, Horacio Crunch isn't a Captain. He only wears 3 stripes and he goes by Cap'n.
Second off, hell yes he gets the SS Guppy.

Lucky is very much a monster. Haven't you ever seen what he does to those children 'after' they eat his Lucky Charms? It's truly a nightmare. :cry:

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:06 pm

HNutz wrote:

They're Irish aren't they? Of course they're monsters.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:08 pm

I can't wait for the General Mills Shared Cinematic Universe to finally get off the ground and start making that sweet, sweet MCU money.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 pm

I know we are all making fun of this, but let's face it; this has a better chance of success than the Monsterverse Tom Cruise tried to start with The Mummy remake.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:13 pm

RobThompson wrote:I know we are all making fun of this, but let's face it; this has a better chance of success than the Monsterverse Tom Cruise tried to start with The Mummy remake.

I mean, at least it looks like Frankenberry so they got one up on Universal so far. And it was the Dark Universe. Monsterverse sounds fun and awesome so we can't have that in modern Hollywood, so Dark Universe it is then. They made Dracula Untold about Dracula becoming Dracula and looking nothing like the iconic character that everyone knows. They made Tom Cruise's The Mummy about Tom Cruise becoming The Mummy (I guess?) and looking nothing like the iconic character that everyone knows. Where as that is Frankenberry already is Frankenberry and looks like Frankenberry. So yes, they already have a firmer grasp on how to utilze intellectual property and branding better than every movie studio with the exception of Disney.

This is what happens when your entire industry culture is about failing upwards. You get a bunch of morons who keep asking Alex Kurtzman to run their shared universes even though he has failed at it every fucking time.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Ariana Grande is Frankenberry in And God Created Woman

leave a comment with facebook