Tuesday, December 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:03 pm

RobThompson wrote:Is that all you think about? :groucho: :P



That and cookies! :-D
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:13 pm

For those of you who vote, the Cover and Comic Of The Week polls for November 14 are open until this Wednesday.
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Image
User avatar

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:22 am

Yesterday I watched a fan edit combining Matrix 2 & 3 called The Matrix Dezionized. It was pretty good apart from a few places where the translations between scenes was a bit jarring. There really was a good film buried in those two original films.

4.3/5

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:49 am

uz000 wrote:Yesterday I watched a fan edit combining Matrix 2 & 3 called The Matrix Dezionized. It was pretty good apart from a few places where the translations between scenes was a bit jarring. There really was a good film buried in those two original films.

4.3/5

I've read about several similar edits but never watched any, mainly because the edits are more often than not hard to find.

I did watch an edit called The Matrix Reimagined which, despite the name, was more about using a few elements from 2 and 3 to reframe the context of the first film - so that the machines are attacking Zion and trying to kill off Morpheus etc at the same time as Neo is gradually realising he's the One - in a way that I thought worked quite well. The closing scene of The Matrix never really bothered me but it's interesting to see the story with a different, definitive conclusion.

Speaking of fanedits, I'll hopefully be done with redoing my Raid 2 fanedit in HD soon, as well as the 3-hour-long extended version that re-adds all the deleted scenes back in. I might follow that up with taking a look at Headshot, the recent Jason Bourne-alike film starring Iko Uwais - the fights were pretty good but the story was a bit meh, so it could do with some trimming...
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Fysh wrote:I've read about several similar edits but never watched any, mainly because the edits are more often than not hard to find.

I did watch an edit called The Matrix Reimagined which, despite the name, was more about using a few elements from 2 and 3 to reframe the context of the first film - so that the machines are attacking Zion and trying to kill off Morpheus etc at the same time as Neo is gradually realising he's the One - in a way that I thought worked quite well. The closing scene of The Matrix never really bothered me but it's interesting to see the story with a different, definitive conclusion.

Speaking of fanedits, I'll hopefully be done with redoing my Raid 2 fanedit in HD soon, as well as the 3-hour-long extended version that re-adds all the deleted scenes back in. I might follow that up with taking a look at Headshot, the recent Jason Bourne-alike film starring Iko Uwais - the fights were pretty good but the story was a bit meh, so it could do with some trimming...


Is that the one where he lost his memory and later finds out that he was part of this crazy criminal organisation made up of orphaned kids or something like that?
User avatar

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:01 pm

User avatar

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Jesse wrote:

Video unavailable
Watch this video on YouTube.
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.
User avatar

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:46 pm

RobThompson wrote:Video unavailable
Watch this video on YouTube.
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.


Thats sucks. Try this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ociHVDWxDaY

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:12 am

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:
Is that the one where he lost his memory and later finds out that he was part of this crazy criminal organisation made up of orphaned kids or something like that?

Yeah, that's the one. Cool fights (the choreographer has obviously watched the fights in Gareth Evans' films closely to understand why they work so well) but the story's a bit meh for how long it takes to unfold.

On a different note, I saw something about an upcoming Monster Hunter film which has Tony Jaa in a starring role. I'm guessing he probably can't do martial arts scenes like he used to given the damage that muay thai does to your joints, but I'd be lying if it didn't make me happy for some reason to see him cropping up in new films (though I took a punt on something that he was in with...Dolph Lundgren, I think? on Netflix a while ago and wow, that was a stinker).

I think I'm going to have to blitz a few martial arts action films over the next few weeks. Banlieu 13, The Raid 1 & 2, Ong Bak, Chocolate, Warrior King... Any suggestions for things I should add to the list?
User avatar

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:34 am

Image

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
User avatar

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Fysh wrote:Yeah, that's the one. Cool fights (the choreographer has obviously watched the fights in Gareth Evans' films closely to understand why they work so well) but the story's a bit meh for how long it takes to unfold.

On a different note, I saw something about an upcoming Monster Hunter film which has Tony Jaa in a starring role. I'm guessing he probably can't do martial arts scenes like he used to given the damage that muay thai does to your joints, but I'd be lying if it didn't make me happy for some reason to see him cropping up in new films (though I took a punt on something that he was in with...Dolph Lundgren, I think? on Netflix a while ago and wow, that was a stinker).

I think I'm going to have to blitz a few martial arts action films over the next few weeks. Banlieu 13, The Raid 1 & 2, Ong Bak, Chocolate, Warrior King... Any suggestions for things I should add to the list?



Well, if I was the one watching these I'd probably re-watch Once upon a Time in China and one of the older Jackie Chan films.

Also, not really a martial arts film, but some of the fights in Old Boy are great, as you probably well know.
User avatar

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Fysh wrote:I've read about several similar edits but never watched any, mainly because the edits are more often than not hard to find.

I did watch an edit called The Matrix Reimagined which, despite the name, was more about using a few elements from 2 and 3 to reframe the context of the first film - so that the machines are attacking Zion and trying to kill off Morpheus etc at the same time as Neo is gradually realising he's the One - in a way that I thought worked quite well. The closing scene of The Matrix never really bothered me but it's interesting to see the story with a different, definitive conclusion.

Speaking of fanedits, I'll hopefully be done with redoing my Raid 2 fanedit in HD soon, as well as the 3-hour-long extended version that re-adds all the deleted scenes back in. I might follow that up with taking a look at Headshot, the recent Jason Bourne-alike film starring Iko Uwais - the fights were pretty good but the story was a bit meh, so it could do with some trimming...


I've just stumbled upon Man of Tomorrow over on vimeo. It's a fanedit of combining Snyder's Man of Steel and BvS into one two hour film. I think I'll watch it as apparently it gets rid of all the grim dark crap and is basically a Superman movie. I refused to watch the original BvS, but I'll take a chance on this.

https://vimeo.com/183150028

pword is peachtea
User avatar

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Happy shove your fist into a dead bird day and eat till you pass out!!!

Image
User avatar

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:37 pm

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Glacier16, Glaeken, Google [Bot] and 27 guests

cron