Monday, January 21, 2019 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Yet Another Rumor: 'Lady Sif' Limited-Series Headed To Disney+

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. didn't doom the character!

Source: ‘Lady Sif’ Limited Series Reportedly In The Works For Disney+

Disney's streaming service Disney+ is planned to launch later this year we know that it will have some original content including two Star Wars series, and a Marvel  limited series featuring Loki. Though not confirmed, it seems there will be more Marvel content on the service, including a Scarlet Witch (and Vision?) limited series and a Falcon & Bucky team-up limited series.

Well, you can add another one to the pile of potential Marvel characters getting a show on Disney+: Lady Sif. Like with the other limited series, the original actor playing the character, in this case Jaimie Alexander, is expected to return to her role of kickass Asgardian warrior. No details have been revealed about the rumored series, like if will take place before or after Thor: Ragnarok (which she did not appear in due to a conflict in scheduling with Blindspot), but it is expected to get a budget similar to other Disney+ series; $100 million for 6-8 episodes.

If these rumors turn out to be true, it would be an impressive feat proving Sif is one tough lady: she still thrives after appearing on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (her last appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe)!

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

RobThompson

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 pm

The series literally no one was clamoring for!

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:28 am

RobThompson wrote:The series literally no one was clamoring for!

I don't completely mind this but I am more interested in them bringing back Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist( Hopefully with a better production team this time around) and Agent Carter than seeing Lady Sif.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 am

Draco x wrote:
I don't completely mind this but I am more interested in them bringing back Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist( Hopefully with a better production team this time around) and Agent Carter than seeing Lady Sif.

I want to see Gabriel Luna's Ghost Rider again. He did a great job IMO.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:28 am

RobThompson wrote:The series literally no one was clamoring for!

Speak for yourself, Rob. Love Sif, missed her in Ragnarok, been hoping we might see her in one of these since they started announcing they were doing them. Very excited by this news.

Also, she gonna git it! BOOSH!!

RobThompson

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:51 am

chap22 wrote:
Speak for yourself, Rob. Love Sif, missed her in Ragnarok, been hoping we might see her in one of these since they started announcing they were doing them. Very excited by this news.

Also, she gonna git it! BOOSH!!

Good luck.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 am

She was fluff and plot filler on "Agents Of Mediocrity". Without Thor or the other Warriors can she support her own streaming series? :smt102

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:She was fluff and plot filler on "Agents Of Mediocrity". Without Thor or the other Warriors can she support her own streaming series? :smt102

I would say that Sif and the Warriors Meh were pretty useless even when Thor was around.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:43 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:She was fluff and plot filler on "Agents Of Mediocrity". Without Thor or the other Warriors can she support her own streaming series? :smt102

She's one of the very few remaining Asgardians, the only non-Thor warrior Asgardian (and he's now king when he's even there), who I imagine could easily have a serious case of survivor's guilt over not being there for Hela's attack in Ragnarok or Thanos's in IW. There's plenty of stuff to do with that in conjunction with helping resettle/relocate/rejuvenate Asgard.

RobThompson

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 pm

chap22 wrote:
She's one of the very few remaining Asgardians, the only non-Thor warrior Asgardian (and he's now king when he's even there), who I imagine could easily have a serious case of survivor's guilt over not being there for Hela's attack in Ragnarok or Thanos's in IW. There's plenty of stuff to do with that in conjunction with helping resettle/relocate/rejuvenate Asgard.

Honestly, I think many would find Valkyrie a much more interesting character. If they had announced a series centered around her I think that might have had a chance. Sif of the movies and television series just has not been all that interesting to me.

But who knows? Again, best of luck with it. Hope it works out for you.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

RobThompson wrote:Honestly, I think many would find Valkyrie a much more interesting character. If they had announced a series centered around her I think that might have had a chance. Sif of the movies and television series just has not been all that interesting to me.

But who knows? Again, best of luck with it. Hope it works out for you.

Can't be worse than Iron Fist S1 or Jessica Jones S2.

RobThompson

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 pm

chap22 wrote:
Can't be worse than Iron Fist S1 or Jessica Jones S2.

Jessica Jones S2 wasn't bad.

To be honest, though, I have a hard time envisioning a Sif series coming anywhere close to the quality of either of those series.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:41 am

RobThompson wrote:Jessica Jones S2 wasn't bad.

Yes. Yes it was.

RobThompson

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby RobThompson » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:12 pm

chap22 wrote:
Yes. Yes it was.

Your judgement is suspect here.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:44 pm

RobThompson wrote:Your judgement is suspect here.

Says the man who thinks Heroes in Crisis is good. :-P

JJS2 was awful. No compelling villains, “heroes” who made themselves utterly unlikable, smart(-ish) characters doing stupid shit just to do stupid shit and pad an extra 4-5 episodes more than the story needed, and the worst sin of all...just plain boring throughout. They tried to do a superhero show with noir tropes and just did it badly. Particularly in comparison to S1, which was one of the better efforts on any of these shows and did everything above much, MUCH better.

leave a comment with facebook