Advertisement

Review Group Week 164 - FLASH: REBIRTH #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:48 pm

thefourthman wrote:what he said. I agreed with Sire, what the hell is going on?

I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not eat them with a mouse.
I will not eat them in a house.
I will not eat them here or there.
I will not eat them anywhere.
I do not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:50 pm

amlah6 wrote:patience is mine, I'll pass the hippie and the hamburgler soon enough.

to be honest I have no idea which book it was but it was right around the time that I started writing for BF.

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Sire v 2.0 wrote:it would also mean this review group is only a few weeks old and seal my Legacy as the old groups last true leader and make Amlah's a pale imitation of something he "supposedly" doesn't even acknowledge existed.

BSG Spoilers yo!

The era of Twigg...

[spoiler]Time period after the first Cylon War. The five create the eight, humans do their regular humany shit.[/spoiler]

The era of Punch...

[spoiler]Genocide bitches! Cylons nuke the fuck out of the 12 colonies forcing the humans into a spaceship cattle drive[/spoiler]

The era of Yoni...

[spoiler]Outerspace bonanza and shit with good times and bad, taking us up to New Caprica where...[/spoiler]

The era of Sire...

[spoiler]Tigh loses and eye and we go back into space and we end up on the radiated worthless hunk of rock known as Cylon Earth. That sucks obviously and the Galactia is falling apart like a 45 y/o hooker in Des Moines[/spoiler]

The era of Awesome... (amlah obviously)

[spoiler]Kicks cylon ass and sends the colony into a black hole, punches "All Along the Watchtower" into the nav computer and takes everyone to Earth with 150,000 awesome years to follow[/spoiler]

Werd. 8)

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 pm

thefourthman wrote:there we go! that is the kind of asinine shit I expect to come from your keyboard.

:points at previous post:

You want asanine shit, I got asanine shit.

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:07 pm

GLX wrote:Review to be in my Side Dishes piece.

Link and score fourthman style please. :wink:

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Alex Delarge wrote:Since I missed Muppets last week, I got another Boom! Studios title, Irredeemable. I will review that here along with The Flash: Rebirth #1 (of 5).

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:14 pm

amlah6 wrote:Link and score fourthman style please. :wink:

I'm pretty sure he can just cut and paste... :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't want to be the Cylon apocalypse :(

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 pm

I think like a lot of people, I'm pretty conflicted about this series. What I know about Barry Allen I like (especially Mark Waid's Life Story of the Flash graphic novel), but Wally West feels to me like he's been the Flash forever so it's going to seem really weird when this series is over and he isn't 'The Flash' anymore.

Really, that's all I thought about while reading this issue. What's going to happen to Wally? The comic itself was pitch perfect in all of the technical aspects. It sets up the characters, it reintroduces Barry, gives a brief recap of how things got to this point and delivers a mystery to propel the series going forward. The characterization was spot on and as annoying as I've always felt Bart to be, his character pretty much said everything I was feeling about the situation in general. Barry is the past and Wally has earned his place. Johns does a nice job of trying to reposition it as Barry is the present and Wally is the future, but it's going to take some time for me to buy into that. I still haven't bought in to Hal Jordan over Kyle Rayner and everyone else seems to love the post-Rebirth GL so obviously I'm stubborn.

I'm trying to think of the last time I saw Van Sciver on interiors and it's probably the last Rebirth series and before that it was probably Cyberfrog. Stylistically, the pencils felt a bit more loose to me than they should in a Flash comic. Layouts and characters and expressiveness were all fine, but that looseness felt distracting to me throughout the issue. I also would have liked to see the colors in the issue to be a bit brighter, but that could have just been the space I was in.

I'm not sure yet if I'll continue reading this in single issues or if I'll be waiting for it to be collected, I was hoping this issue would make that choice for me.

Story: 9
Art: 7.5
Overall: 8.25

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't want to be the Cylon apocalypse :(

You should of thought of that when you were apocalypting.

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:40 pm

4thy beat me to it. :x :lol:

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 pm

thefourthman wrote:I'm pretty sure he can just cut and paste... :?

Maybe the guy wants to promote his stuff. :x

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

amlah6 wrote:Maybe the guy wants to promote his stuff. :x

okay.

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Using :x just doesn't give me the same satisfaction as the Image...

Holy shit! I went looking for the constipated smiley and found that Pluck has an actual dedicated Dutch support forum. :shock:

http://www.pluck-cms.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=9

:lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm

thefourthman wrote:You should of thought of that when you were apocalypting.

I was tricked into it! Like Baltar! I was tempted by the sexy women of the review group!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand