Advertisement

Do you like Mark Millar's work?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

What say thee?

Yay!
89%
Nay!
11%

Total votes : 9

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:57 am

Mr E wrote:His stuff is either very good or very bad. He is currently writing one of my favorite comics on the market in the Ultimates, but he's had some real stinkers as well. His run on Authority blew so many goats that there is a specific beastiality law named for it.

I agree on the first bit. He runs very hot or very cold. Ultimates, Most of Ultimate X-Men, Swamp Thing, Authority and Chosen very very good. Spidey, Ult F4, Wanted, Unfunnies, not good. Red Son, however, is probably right up there with Secret Identity as one of the best Superman stories ever. He shows that he gets Lex and Clark perfectly, and when he gets something, he knocks it outta the park.
Oh yeah, and I have some old UK Streets of Rage comics he did - awesome.

Advertisement

DrTzinTzin

Postby DrTzinTzin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:11 am

Mr E wrote:His stuff is either very good or very bad. He is currently writing one of my favorite comics on the market in the Ultimates, but he's had some real stinkers as well. His run on Authority blew so many goats that there is a specific beastiality law named for it.

The Miller Caprinae Molestation law.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:51 am

Yes.

alan reut
Mad Hatter

Mark Millar

Postby alan reut » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:06 am

I'm not TOO familiar with his work, but there was one issue he wrote that I absolutely loved...it was an issue of Swamp Thing that Phillip Hester and Kim Demulder drew, and the story was this girl got a chain letter, and she ignored it, and all osrts of bad stuff happened to her. I thought it was a great story but I forget the title and the issue number. Anyone know?

Fo Leon
cheese

Postby Fo Leon » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Millar is a tight tight writer.

i loved him on Ultimate X-Men, he really totally understood those characters and the freaky sexiness they embodied.

Ultimates was fantabulous. truly a summer flick.

Wolverine was pretty fucking dull. nice art by Romita. some cute moments, but nothing special, and i don't care how illogical and brainless Hush was, at least Hush had a ton of HEART, while Wolvie was just action-action-action.

no Claremont, and no Hama, him.
"...it helps us all hold hands across the oceans." Houman Sadri

"Rules are for men, not monkeys. MWO!" Daitong

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand