Tuesday, November 21, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Christopher Yost Talks Red Robin

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:15 pm

John Q. wrote:Not necessarily, it might just be that it becomes clear that Bruce can't be found.

(I'm not saying he will never return, because obviously he will, but it doesn't have to be in this book, or in this story. oh, i'm aware that this is me being kind of optimistic that DC stick by their 'world changing!!' decisions, and have the balls to actually try something new with a long established character and the talent to pull it off, like Marvel and Bru did with Cap )

This book actually sounds pretty interesting. And if it is Tim, which it almost certainly is, then i'm definitely in.[/i]

I just can't believe they will do it for more than a year. Plus I recall an interview where Morrison said there were big plans for next year. And there's some big milestone issue next year, one of the big round numbers for either Detective or Batman. So I just don't see them doing it for more than a year. They want to rip off the Cap story, but they didn't have the balls to do it with Bruce dead, so why should I believe they will have the balls to drag it out for more than one year? Plus, the last time they did this (Knightfall) it lasted about a year and the Reign of the Supermen lasted about a year. DC takes their top guys off the board for about a year every once in a while and then bring them back in a big way. That's why Superman will be off world for a year on New Krypton, Wonder Woman will be off the JLA for a year, and then Bruce will come back and all three will rejoin. I fully expect a new Big 7 type JLA, maybe even a huge JLU type team with the Trinity at the head, by the end of next summer.

Alex Delarge

Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:23 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I just can't believe they will do it for more than a year. Plus I recall an interview where Morrison said there were big plans for next year. And there's some big milestone issue next year, one of the big round numbers for either Detective or Batman. So I just don't see them doing it for more than a year. They want to rip off the Cap story, but they didn't have the balls to do it with Bruce dead, so why should I believe they will have the balls to drag it out for more than one year? Plus, the last time they did this (Knightfall) it lasted about a year and the Reign of the Supermen lasted about a year. DC takes their top guys off the board for about a year every once in a while and then bring them back in a big way. That's why Superman will be off world for a year on New Krypton, Wonder Woman will be off the JLA for a year, and then Bruce will come back and all three will rejoin. I fully expect a new Big 7 type JLA, maybe even a huge JLU type team with the Trinity at the head, by the end of next summer.

Rumours (LiTG) have Geoff Johns on JLA with the heavy hitters. This makes sense with what is speculated in this thread.

Lesson: Stop reading JLA, the next 12 issues or so are not going to matter. Hell stop reading all the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman books until they bring back the big dogs. Then, you can just get the trades for the time they are away.

God I hate it when they do this shit.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Alex Delarge wrote:Rumours (LiTG) have Geoff Johns on JLA with the heavy hitters. This makes sense with what is speculated in this thread.

Lesson: Stop reading JLA, the next 12 issues or so are not going to matter. Hell stop reading all the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman books until they bring back the big dogs. Then, you can just get the trades for the time they are away.

Some people like entertaining stories whether or not they "matter"...

Alex Delarge

Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:39 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:Some people like entertaining stories whether or not they "matter"...

To them, I present Batman Confidential.

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:56 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I just can't believe they will do it for more than a year. Plus I recall an interview where Morrison said there were big plans for next year. And there's some big milestone issue next year, one of the big round numbers for either Detective or Batman. So I just don't see them doing it for more than a year. They want to rip off the Cap story, but they didn't have the balls to do it with Bruce dead, so why should I believe they will have the balls to drag it out for more than one year? Plus, the last time they did this (Knightfall) it lasted about a year and the Reign of the Supermen lasted about a year. DC takes their top guys off the board for about a year every once in a while and then bring them back in a big way. That's why Superman will be off world for a year on New Krypton, Wonder Woman will be off the JLA for a year, and then Bruce will come back and all three will rejoin. I fully expect a new Big 7 type JLA, maybe even a huge JLU type team with the Trinity at the head, by the end of next summer.

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm in complete agreement with you in everything you've just said.

I'd just like to see the big 2 takes more risks with their big characters. Marvel pulled it off with Cap, and i know Steve Rogers will be back, because this is comics afterall, but they've given Bucky Cap a decent run and some good stories, giving us a new and interesting character for the MU while they did it.

It's like this bullshit with possibly making Babs batgirl again. Oracle is a much better, more interesting, more poignant character since she got the wheels and lost the cape.

I just wish the Big 2 (and, to be fair and honest, a fairly large section of the fans) weren't so fuckin afraid of change.

Alex Delarge

Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:16 pm

John Q. wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, i'm in complete agreement with you in everything you've just said.

I'd just like to see the big 2 takes more risks with their big characters. Marvel pulled it off with Cap, and i know Steve Rogers will be back, because this is comics afterall, but they've given Bucky Cap a decent run and some good stories, giving us a new and interesting character for the MU while they did it.

It's like this bullshit with possibly making Babs batgirl again. Oracle is a much better, more interesting, more poignant character since she got the wheels and lost the cape.

I just wish the Big 2 (and, to be fair and honest, a fairly large section of the fans) weren't so fuckin afraid of change.

I fucking embrace change. I am with you on this. Fuck you assholes who don't like change. You stodgy motherfuckers need to add Marvel Adventures/First Class and Johnny DC shit to your pull lists and STFU.

Alex Delarge

Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm

John Q. wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, i'm in complete agreement with you in everything you've just said.

To be perfectly honest the people to blame here are not the fans, but the EiC: Didio and Quesada.

Didio brought Barry back because it was the only way to entice Johns onto the title.

Quesada is just a fuckhead.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Alex Delarge wrote:Rumours (LiTG) have Geoff Johns on JLA with the heavy hitters. This makes sense with what is speculated in this thread.

It sounds like there's gonna be a "War" between Earth and New Krypton following the NK series, so it might be a little longer for Supes to really be a part of any JLoA.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Alex Delarge wrote:To be perfectly honest the people to blame here are not the fans, but the EiC: Didio and Quesada.

Didio brought Barry back because it was the only way to entice Johns onto the title.

Quesada is just a fuckhead.

I think Didio wanted Barry back, Johns or not.

leave a comment with facebook