Your WINNER for 4/22/09:
This thread will contain SPOILERS!!! And lots of them. If you haven't read this week's comics yet, go read them before continuing into this thread, or risk being spoiled!
PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!Remember to include the title and issue number of the comic you are nominating. Otherwise I will be forced to disqualify your nomination, and nobody wants that!
1. Each nomination must be a moment in a comic released the week of the thread. This does not include weekly previews, trade paperbacks, or back issue digests.
2. Everyone can make ONE nomination. You can either nominate a moment yourself or second/third/fourth/fifth an already existing nomination.
3. It must be an actual moment involving the actions or statements of a comic character in an issue. No "This writer returns to the series", "this artist draws this character", "the book is better", etc.
4. If you want to change your nomination, there are a few factors involved:
---> A) No one can have seconded your nom.
---> B) If it is clear for you to change your nom, you must edit your original post or the new post will be disqualified as being a double nomination.
---> C) You can change your second, third, etc. by editing your original post before the nomination period ends.
5. Only 10 moments can make it to the voting thread due to the message board's limit on the number of votes per poll. To determine the top 10 moments, we will take the 10 with the most nominations. Ties will be broken based on the order originally nominated.
Moments on the poll do not have to be seconded. If there is room in the poll, moments that were nominated but not seconded will be added based on the order they were nominated.
6. Please be specific on the comic title, issue number and moment. Also be clear that you are actually seconding something ... statements such as "Yeah, that was a cool moment" aren't clear. You must nominate a moment in the comic and can't nominate the whole issue.
7. Nominations will go until 11:00 PM (Central Time) Saturday night, when I will close the thread and start the poll.
8. Please be civil when commenting on other people's nominations. But feel free to discuss them in this thread.
9. In case there is debate on WHEN exactly a title came out, http://www.midtowncomics.com
will be the final word.
10. Any nominations not following the above rules will be disqualified.
11. If at 5 nominations are not made, I will choose the balance.