Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

A $1 comic? Sounds like a perfect excuse to...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Postby ****** » Mon May 11, 2009 11:01 am

join the Review Group!

[center]Image[/center]

This Wednesday, the Review Group will be reviewing The Unwritten #1 from Vertigo. Since DC really wants you to check out the book, it's only going to cost you the low low price of one american dollar. Because the Review Group is awesome and we like for as many people to participate as inhumanly possible, we're inviting everyone who may not have checked out the group yet to give it a try. It's just $1 so there's no excuse not to!

Our thread for The Unwritten is already up here so while you're at your LCS throw down your dollar and come back to post your review. Maybe you'll even decide you want to participate again next week too. ;)

Image[center]Image
The Unwritten #1
as selected by McKegan[/center]
Written by Mike Carey
Art by Peter Gross
Cover by Yuko Shimizu

Everyone's read the Tommy Taylor books, the popular series of novels turned pop culture phenomenon about a boy wizard's adventures. And everyone knows about Tom Taylor, the boy the novels were based on, whose life was so overshadowed by his Dad's fictional epic that Tom's become a lame Z-level celebrity at best and a human viral marketing tool at worst.

But what if the resemblance goes even deeper? What if Tom is the boy-wizard of the books made flesh? And if that sounds crazy, why is it bringing him into the crosshairs of an ancient faction that has never been named in any book or text?

To discover the truth about himself, Tom must search through all the places in history where fiction and reality have intersected. And in the process, he'll learn more about that unwritten cabal and the plot they're at the center of –– a plot that spans all of literature from the first clay tablets to the gothic castles where Frankenstein was conceived to the self-adjusting stories of the internet.

A conspiracy mystery a la The Da Vinci Code, THE UNWRITTEN is the eagerly anticipated reunion of Mike Carey (X-Men, HELLBLAZER) and Peter Gross (FABLES, Chosen) – the team behind the multiple Eisner-nominated LUCIFER. Acclaimed artist Yuko Shimizu (SANDMAN: DREAM HUNTERS) joins the duo on covers, and the series kicks off with a 4-issue opening storyarc with the extra-sized 40-page debut promo-priced at only $1.00!

Vertigo | 40pg. | Color | $1.00 US | Mature Readers

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 am

cool, I saw the article on that and was going to pick it up

cyphon

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cyphon » Mon May 11, 2009 11:11 am

I'm going to pick it up, cuz it sounds like fun (and the preview was mildly compelling).

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon May 11, 2009 11:21 am

The more the merrier.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am

WHORE!!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 11, 2009 11:37 am

Anyone who is a member of this site and isn't in the Review Group is a traitor.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 am

I'm getting this, but as my books get sent to me once a month I will receive it about 3 weeks too late to review it. :(

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Punchy wrote:Anyone who is a member of this site and isn't in the Review Group is a traitor.
I will bring the hammer down on your ass!!!

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Everyone should pick this up. 40 pages for $1 is an amazing deal.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 11, 2009 4:58 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:I will bring the hammer down on your ass!!!

I don't respect the hammer of a traitor!

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Mon May 11, 2009 5:01 pm

What Punchy said! :evil:

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't respect the hammer of a traitor!
My God!!! Will you British people get over it!?! The American Revolution happened long-ass time ago and we bailed your asses when you almost got your asses kicked by Hitler!!! LOSERS!!!! :twisted:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:My God!!! Will you British people get over it!?! The American Revolution happened long-ass time ago and we bailed your asses when you almost got your asses kicked by Hitler!!! LOSERS!!!! :twisted:

Well we saved your ass in WW3

McKegan

Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:My God!!! Will you British people get over it!?! The American Revolution happened long-ass time ago and we bailed your asses when you almost got your asses kicked by Hitler!!! LOSERS!!!! :twisted:

Ha! I like how you tell him to get over one, long ago conflict and then hold another long ago conflict over him.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon May 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Punchy wrote:Well we saved your ass in WW3

That wasn't WW3. WW3 had robots and apes and polar bears riding motorcycles and zombie Hitler.

McKegan wrote:Ha! I like how you tell him to get over one, long ago conflict and then hold another long ago conflict over him.
Sapnish-American War for the winz.

leave a comment with facebook